Chapter Sixteen

I told you guys you would get another update today! did you think i was lying? haha 

well a lot happens in this chapter so sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and read on! :)

“It’s not the Da Vinci Code just answer the question, Liam!” I said laughing; we were at the park with Louis and Allyson, a play date for them and a relaxing day in the surpassingly warm sun for Liam and I. It had been about a week after the recital and Liam was lucky enough to have his sun for more time now, Louis’ mother was beginning to trust Liam again.

Ally and Louis were playing on the slides, trying to climb up it and then go back down again, Liam and I were just lying in the still green grass, right under the sun. My head was resting on his stomach while his hands played with my hair.

“You can’t avoid this question forever, Liam, it will come up again. Every day, until you answer. Now, I will ask you one more time today; what is your type of girl?”

“Kordei…” he said, I could feel his heartbeat under my head and I nestled in a little closer

“Come on, tell me.”

“OK… OK… I’ve always had a thing for- please don’t take this offensively, black girls, or just girls with more color in their skin. I’ve dated a lot of dancers, and girls who stay in shape. I like girls with long hair, and dark eyes… I don’t know, I’m always pulled into those girls, and then when they have a light personality they know how to be a friend, and aren’t too delicate, then I try to make them fall for me, I guess.” He says and his hand travels to my shoulder and gives it a squeeze “Happy now? I told you.”

I nodded but stayed quiet letting his words sink in, I got what I wanted, and yet, I wasn’t sure how I felt about the answer I received. 

Before the silence became too much my daughter was yelling out to me “MommyBear!”

I sighed loudly and dramatically, causing Liam to laugh loudly and get up with me.

“What is it AllyCat?” I said looking around the bottom of the slide for her, but I was surprised to look up and see her at the top of the slide, I smiled at her. “Did you run up the slide, baby? You walked up the slide?”

Ally nods excitedly, then hops down on the slide and comes ridding down. I run over so when she stops on the slide I pick her up and spin her around, her giggles flood my senses and she clings to me. I stop when I feel a little to dizzy and put her down.

“Good job, baby!” I say when I put her down and try to keep my own balance, and still I swayed over to the side, almost falling over.

“Whoa there…” Liam’s voice ran into my ear, his breath on my skin, sizzling me. His hand found the bare skin on my side, his hands were warm as he pulled me against him, I couldn’t even help what I did next, I leaned my head against his shoulder and sighed against him catching  his scent in my nose, he smelled like urban spice.

“You alright?” He asked his breath now kissing my cheeks and I closed my eyes against it and nodded.

“Yeah… I’m good,” I Say opening my eyes and smiling up at him. 

“Alright, well, I’m about to go to the bathroom, can you watch Louis and Ally for a minute? Or do you need me to stay?”

I shook my head “No, no, I’m OK, the kids will be alright too. Go on before you explode everywhere.” I say smiling again

“Ooooh,” Liam says with a smirk on his face “I love when you talk dirty to Me.” then he rolled his eyes and wandered off. I laughed and turned away looking back to our kids, Ally who was watching Louis try to walk up the slide, Louis was about a year and a half older than Ally but she had certain skills he did not, which included climbing up slides.