Chapter Twenty-Four [Final Chapter]

TWO AND A HALF YEARS  LATER

“Can you hold Asher for me please?” Lauren asked me, patting her baby’s back hoping that Asher would burp. “I need to go get his diaper bag.”

“I will always hold my godson,” I say getting up from the sofa and taking baby Asher in my arms, he was only a month old and I could already see so much of Lauren and Zayn in Asher, mostly it was in the eyes. They had Zayn’s shape but Lauren’s insane green eyes. I knew from the instant I saw him for the first time he would be a heartbreaker.

“Where’s Camila?” I asked Zayn who was playing with Allyson, or better yet, being her ride around the large house as she through her hands out in the air trying to catch the breeze if only Zayn would be fast enough.

Allyson was now four and a half and speaking more than ever, she spent a lot of time with Asher and was always trying to teach him new things, or just ruffling his black hair, just like how I do to her.

“Faster Zayn! Faster!” she yelled

Zayn was trying to move faster but I could tell he was exhausted, cheeks turning pink and panting.

The past eleven months had been a little tough for him and also ruined his bad-boy image he had since he was about sixteen.

Once he found out Lauren was pregnant he instantly went into ‘Daddy-Mode’ buying books, taking classes, and even learning more from me, wanting to be a good father. Even though he had spent a decent amount of time with Ally when she was a baby he still felt like there were things he still didn’t know about being a father. But as soon as Asher was born everything ended up working out for the better. Zayn took on so much responsibility that it blew my mind.

And while Lauren looked well rested getting almost nine hours of sleep every night, Zayn was lucky if he got four.

That was what being a new parent was about, but he still loved it all the same.

“Ally, go get your sister, and leave Zayn alone! And grab Ma too.” I say and start hoping back form foot to foot trying to make Asher work, which he did after a few mini jumps, then a giggle fell out of his mouth.

“That’s my boy,” I say with a hum and then kiss his forehead, Asher would be ready for a nap soon, his sleeping time was always the same, Asher wasn’t really a fussy baby, he was actually very quiet; something he must have gotten for his father.

Allyson and Camila walk in then, while Camila carries Alessandra on her hip. They come over and sit on the sofa and Allyson, the little bundle of energy calls out “Can we watch a movie?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” Lauren says coming back, her newly chopped hair falling into her eyes, but she still looked beautiful with her hair chopped only to briefly touch her shoulders “Asher needs to take his nap, and don’t you have a play date to get to?” Lauren raises her eyebrow at my daughter and Ally just rolls her eyes.

“Yeah!” Then she looks up at Camila “Ma, can we go now?”

Camila looks up from making funny faces at our youngest daughter and then looks at me, smiling with her beautiful brown eyes.

“Ask your MommyBear,” she says and Allyson turns to me, her face already pouted out.

“MommyBear..?”

I sigh and smile down at Allyson “I guess we can go now, but don’t be upset if Louis isn’t there yet.”

“Yay!” Ally says getting up from the sofa and running towards the door screaming “Let’sssssssssssss go!”