Chapter Three

I was gald when it was finally the weekend, it would be just me and Ally for the day, which started early since my princess was an early bird. She woke me up singing a song that sounded a lot like “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” at seven o’clock in the morning sitting on my stomach.

“Hey, AllyCat.” I said smiling at her “Ready to start the day?”

She nodded excitedly “Bacon!”

I smiled back at her “Bacon it is!” and sat up, Ally pushed herself off me and sat down on the bed next to me, staring at me intently until I groaned and got up off the bed picking up my daughter with me and heading into the kitchen where I laid her down on the floor so she can play with the toys she left there yesterday as I got to cooking.

I finished within the next hour some bacon for Ally and myself and her baby food to go with it, I sat her down in her high chair and began to feed her any myself, she didn’t fight me on it, Ally eats almost anything (including her toys which I know have to make sure are too big for her to put in her mouth so she doesn’t choke on anything) so she happily giggled and ate her food (and the bacon she was too young to have yet, but let her have anyway).

After breakfast I sat down on the sofa burping Ally and letting the another Disney move play softly in the background, after that I let her go back to her toys and dancing around. I was just about to sit down on the sofa when there was a knock on my door, I sighed and moved to the front door of my apartment, not surprised at all to see Lauren and Zayn her boyfriend of two and a half years behind her. She smiled giving me a kiss on the cheek and then called out “Where’s my god-baby?” Ally responded with “HERE!” at the top of her voice. Zayn gave me a cheeky smile and I let him step inside, because he still respected bounderies unlike his girlfriend.

Lauren totally adored Zayn and I totally knew why, the man was beautiful, in that sexy misunderstood werewolf kind of way. He had black hair that was almost never done, tattoos covering more than half his body, most of them he drew himself. Beautiful light brown that I sometimes thought were hazel. He was also pretty quiet, he didn’t really speak unless spoken too, which was completely different from Lauren, who could never shut up and was always correcting people, no matter who, when they used improper English when her first language was Spanish… that I still didn’t understand.

Zayn sat himself on my sofa and gave me another smile; I sat down next to him.

“How are you feeling Zayn?” I asked

He shrugged “Pretty good, thinking about getting a new tattoo.”

I rose an eyebrow, intrigued “Of what this time?”

He looked at Lauren who was sitting down on the floor of the living room with Allyson

At first I didn’t understand, but then it clicked “Lauren? You’re getting Lauren’s name?”

Zayn gave me another smirk “No, I want, her picture.”

My eyes widen again “Ohmygod, you’re going to her face on you?” I whispered, it was something that Zayn would do, but I still didn’t believe it.

“Yeah, I drew her so she would kind of look like a cartoon, and I think I’ll get it on or right before our anniversary, it’ll be her present.”

All I could do was smile, Zayn was such a good person and he had one of the biggest hearts. “That is so sweet, god I wish you were my boyfriend.” I said, making Zayn laugh before pulling him in my arms and laughing with him.

“Hey! Don’t go trying to steal my boyfriend before I try to steal your daughter.” I heard Lauren’s voice, I pulled away from Zayn before giving him a wink.

“Oh, no Lauren, Zayn here is a real man, he can’t be stolen.” I looked back at to see him blushing under his growing beard.

“So why are you guys at my house again?” I ask as Ally crawls into my lap, I instantly wrap my arms around her middle and hold her close, smelling the baby shampoo.

“There is nothing wrong with wanting to see my best friend Normani!” Lauren snaps at me but is smiling “and I missed you, I haven’t seen you much lately.”

“You see me at work.” I said

“For like two minutes before you leave to teach class.” Lauren says getting up and wrapping her arms around Ally and I. “I love you guys, I can’t go so long without you.”

I laughed but hugged her back the best I can. Lauren pulls me away and gives me her sneaky smile “And then Zayn is the lovely eye candy.”

“Hey,” Zayn says with a frown but no conviction in his voice so we just smile and back at him and giggle.

“Love you Zaynie” Ally says from my lap.

Zayn smiles down at her “I love you too. You’re my favorite.”

“Hey!” Lauren and I said.

***

I was in the middle of giving Allyson a bath when my phone started to ring, I took my hands out of my baby’s hair and I answered the phone, suds getting in my ear

“Hello?”

“My friends and I are going out, do you want to come? Lauren and Dinah will be there as well.” It was Camila on the other end of the phone

“I can’t, I’m sorry. I’m with Ally right now and I can’t go anywhere.” I said putting my phone in-between my ear and shoulder and going back to washing Ally’s hair as she played, giggling in the water.

“Oh come on it’s just a light dinner, Lauren says your mom will be happy to take her for a few hours” a rustling on the phone erupted and then Lauren’s voice filled my ears “I already called her, be expecting her before six which is when you will be meeting us at the Cabello diner.”

“You mean bakery?”

“There’s more than one Cabello food place in Atlanta,”

“Really?”

“Yeah, do you really never look around your city?” Lauren laughed “Now, seriously tell Ally she’s going to be getting a visit from grandma, it’s been a week since you’ve seen Camila and she misses you!”

“Hey!” I heard Camila in the background

“You know it’s true!” Lauren calls out and then comes back to the phone “OK? Is that alright? Well, it doesn’t matter because you’ll be coming anyway”

I sighed “I really don’t want-“

“Shut up,” Lauren said I can hear her smiling “You’re coming out tonight and your mom is on her way to hang out with Ally at your place, okay love you bye!” and then she was off the phone. I sighed dropped the phone onto the carpet and looked at Ally who was still playing in the bubbles.

“How would you feel if grandma came and took care of you while I went out with some friends?”

“Ally come?” she asked looking up at me.

I sighed “No baby… you stay here with grandma.”

“Grandma?”

I nodded “Is that okay?”

Ally smiled “Great!”

I smiled at my daughter and kissed her head “Okay then, now, close your eyes time to wash out the shampoo”

“Yay!” Ally said then snapped her eyes shut.

I laughed and poured water under onto her hair.