Chapter 20: You're A Lunatic

AH it's been a while. Sorry about that.

School started up again and I've been having trouble figuring out where I'm going from here, but I have a bunch of ideas written down, so stay tuned! It's gonna get exciting!

~Caruscus
------------------------------------------------------

The first fear is the same as always.

The glass box surrounds me. Everywhere I look all I see is glass. It rises and cuts my skin the higher up it goes, mixing my blood in with it.

That damn stained glass.

I have to get out. At the top of the container I see a small crack on the corner. Slowly and painfully I pull my feet out of where they're submerged and stand on top of the shards so I can reach the top better. I brace one hand on the wall and use the other to punch the crack in the glass until it shatters above me. Once the hole is open, I crawl out and escape the glass box.

One fear done.

The room changes. It's all black except for the spotlights on the five figures tied to chairs in front of me.

There used to be six, but I'm no longer afraid of the one dying. Why should I be, when he's already dead?

Christina, Will, Tris, Tobias, and Eric. They're sitting with their hands tied behind their backs, and their mouths gagged. They look like they're screaming something, but it's silent. No sound comes out of their mouths.

A cold feeling is in my hand. After looking down I see a gun is held firmly in my grasp. I have to shoot one.

"Choose!" His voice shouts, shaking me to the core. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, calming my heart rate.

I've gotten out of this one before and I'll get out of it again.

"Pick one now!" He shouts again.

I turn around to the darkness behind me and raise the gun towards the shadowed figure in the background.

"I am." I say, and then pull the trigger.

The room changes again. I'm now standing at the edge of the chasm. It sprays water over the edge, more turbulent than normal. I step away from the railing only to bump into something. Turning around, I see that it's him.

Al.

It's the lifeless version again. His mouth gapes open, water slowly spilling from it. I swallow hard, fighting back tears.

"Al, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen to you."

He slowly lowers his eyes to meet mine. I shiver at the glazed over look they have. The look of a dead person.

His hands suddenly grip my upper arms tightly, fingers curling until his nails are pressed into my skin. His body changes. He shrinks a little bit and his skin gets color to it. His hair grows longer and his eyes turn brown.

Peter sneers at me. He takes one hand off my arm and pulls out a knife, like the one that was shoved into Edward's eye. He goes to do the same to me but I duck and run out of his grasp to stand behind him.

He turns around, snarling when I deliver a swift kick to his abdomen and send him over the edge of the chasm. I will not die because of him.

The floor under me disappears and I fall, down to who knows where. When I hit the ground I let out a hiss as my injuries smart. I get onto my hands and knees but then hit my head on whatever it is over top of me. After moving my hands around I quickly figure out what fear I'm in now.