Chapter 43

LidiyaP.O.V. (16 years old)

I looked out my window. It was cloudy outside. The sky was dark and it looked like it was going to rain. I played with the bracelet on my wrist. We've tried different ways on getting my mom back, all have failed. I felt like a terrible daughter, it is my fault any way that she was in this mess. I always had a feeling that someone was watching me.

Sometimes I would here voices, I know my dad could too. Me and Matt's friendship has grown stronger over the years. He's a year older than me. Everyday after school I would come to his house and see him. I was so happy because to day was a special day.I looked at the clock and saw that he would be at his house soon. I left my room and went down stairs.

"I'm going to Matt's! Be back later." I yelled.

"Lidiya wait!"

I stopped and turned around. My dad stood behind me. He still looked like he hasn't aged a day. He held up a small bag.

"Forgetting something?" he asked.

"My sleeping powder." I said grabbing it from him.

"Be safe.Coming home when your done." he said. I nod my head and give him a kiss on the cheek. I disappeared and reappeared in front of Matt's house. I went up the door and rang the door bell. A few seconds later Matt's mom opened the door.

"Hello Lidiya."

"Hi Miss Bennett. Is Matt home?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not sweetie, he hasn't came home yet. Could you go around town and try to find him for me?"

"Sure."

"Here's an emergency phone, his number is on their. You can try to call him." she said handing me a big but small black box.

I nod my head and she closed the door. I started walking as I stated at it confused. I pressed the button on it and the screen lit up.'Slide to unlock' is what it said at the bottom. I decided to put the box away for now and started to search for Matt. He said he had something planned for me. I looked around a small area were there was shops and looked in all the windows but I didn't see him. Three hours past and I decide to call him. I took out the black box and touched the button again. I slid it to the side and there was a click sound before it showed me the contacts. I pressed his name and it started ringing.I turned around as I heard ringing behind me and smiled.

"Matt! Thank the gods I found-"

I stopped. Standing a few feet away from me was Matt and a boy and girl. the other boy looked around while Matt kissed the girl that was wrapped in his arms. I felt my heart break as tears came to my eyes. Matt pulled away from her and answered his phone.

"Hello?"

I felt the phone drop out of my hands as Matt looked up. Abe hanged up the phone.

"Lidiya,what are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" I chuckled darkly. "Oh I'm just out here looking for you to find you with your friend and...more than a friend." I said.

"Matt you know that girl?" the girl asked.

I turned around and looked at the ground. I heard footsteps as there was a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and took their hand off.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" I yelled.

Matt looked surprised,upset and confused.

"What's the matter?"

"I went to your house and you weren't there. so I searched for you and here I found you. Do you know what today is?" I asked. He thought about.

"Our anniversary. The day we first met and became friends." he said.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry, I forgot."

"I can see that clearly since you were to busy sucking some girls face.we were supposed to spend the rest of the day together." I said.

I took a bag and threw it at him.

"Here's your present. My mom thought me how to make it before-"

"You made me this?"

"I wanted it to be special. I knit it with all of my power. Took a long time though but I finished. And I put so much work in it because tonight I was going to tell you how much I...how much I-"

"Lidiya..."

I looked up at Matts gaze and saw some type of emotion in his eyes. He went up to put his hand to my face but I disappeared and reappeared in my house. I ran up stairs and into my room and onto my bed and continue to cry.

MattP.O.V.

After Lidiya left I went back home. I ran up stairs into my room and slammed the door. I opened the bag Lidiya gave me and there was a note.

Dear Matt,

You are my best and only friend and I love you with all my heart. I never told about who I really am or who my parent really are but maybe one day I will. This gift I made is from my heart and all the love, warmth and protection. Thank you for always being there for me. You are my knight in shining armor. Happy anniversary!

Love, Lidiya

I took out the last thing in the bag. It was a purple and gray scarf. It was knit and had words in big hearts on the ends.

L + M

BFF'S until the end of time

I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair as tears came to my eyes. There was a knock as my door and my mom came in.

"Matt your home! Lidiya was looking for-"

She saw the scarf in my hand and my face. she looked at me worried.

"Honey what's the matter?" She asked

"I screwed up mom. I screwed up with the person I love."

I looked at the ice rose on my dresser.It went from ice to puddle. Maybe thats how Lidiya's heart feels.

"And now she hates me."