Chapter 47

LidiyaP.O.V.

When I got to my room I put on my dress. It was black and lavender and it was made out of silk. I put it on and put on some black flats.I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my bag of sleeping powder before leaving my room and heading down the hall. I got to the steps and saw Matt in his tux sitting down on the bottom steps and my dad standing up with a lady that had blonde hair standing next to him. I got down a few steps when Matt got up and just stared at me. I rasied an eyebrow at him as a got to the last step.

"What ya starring at dear Matthew?" I asked.

He looked down at the ground and mumbled a sorry. I went to my dad.

"Lidiya, you look beautiful. You are so much like your mother." my dad said.

"Thanks."

I looked at the lady that was at the side of him and sent her a glare and she looked at the ground.

"Who's she?" I asked.

"This is Tess. She is here against here will. Say hello to my daughter."

Tess looked up at me and I sighed with relief at what my dad said. I titled my head. She was pretty, but not as pretty as my mom.

"Hi." she said.

"Sup. Okay can we go and get this over with so we can drop Matthew over here off and dump her back to the side of the road where you probably found her." I said.

My dad nods his head and grabs Tess arm as I grabbed a Matt's then my dad arm and he teleported us to the from of a building. Music was coming from inside. There was a banner hanging outside with the shield logo on it.

"Lidiya you know what to do." My dad said.

I nod my head and let go of his arm, dragging Matt inside. I looked around and saw men wearing black and white while women wore other colors.

"Lidiya-"

"Ah no talking Mathew." I said covering Matts mouth. He pulled my hand off.

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to dance." he said.

"No thanks." I said going to leave when Matt grabbed my arm and lead me to the dance floor. He put one hand on my hip while the other was holding my hand.

"What the hell!" I whispered.

"You brought me here, the least you can do is grant me one dance." he said.

'Well you only need the light

When it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it stars to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high

When your feeling low

Only hate the road

When your missing home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go.'

"The ice flower that you gave me, the one that never melts...its a puddle now." he said.

"Guess some spells don't last forever, kinda like our friendship. What's the matter Mathew? Didn't feel like cleaning up the mess?" I asked.

"What's going on with you? And Matthew? Is this your way of punishing me for hurting your feelings?" he asked.

'Staring at the bottom of your glass

Hoping one day you make a dream last

But dreams come slow and you go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies'

"It's half of how I'm gonna punish you and it wasn't just my feelings that you hurt." I said.

Matt looked down at me with a frown on is face. I looked away and tried to find my father.

'Staring at the ceiling in the dark

Same old empty feeling in your heart

Cause love comes slow

And it goes so fast

When you see her when you fall asleep

But never to touch and never to keep

Cause you loved her to much

And you dived to deep.'

"My gift, the scarf."

I looked back at Matt and he had a small smile on his face and a dreamy look in his eyes.

"It's beautiful. It keeps me warm, I never leave with out it. It's the best thing I have ever gotten." he said. His eyes made contact with mine and even though I tried to look away I couldn't.

"And from it being made by you makes it better." he said.

I looked down, a blush coming on my pale cheeks as I tried to hide the smile on my face.

"Look at me." he said.

I shook my head and he lifted up my head.

"Lidiya, what you saw that night-"

"Matthew Don't." I said.

"Let me explain." He said.

He sighed and closed his eyes.

"That girl, she's had a crush on me for a few weeks. I denied her time and time again. I was hanging out with my friend dean on my way home and she showed up, put my arm around her and said that she wanted us to be friends. I agreed. She tried to get me to kiss her, but I kept on pushing her away and then when she was going to leave she pulled me into a kiss." He said.

"Why are you friends with me Matt? I'm not a regular mortal."

"Mortal?" he asked.

"It's just a word we use to describe people who live in this realm."

"Mortal? Realms? Where is all this coming from?" he asked.I sighed.

"So that girl, she didn't mean anything?" I asked.

"No. I would never hurt you like that Lidiya." He said.

"Why?" I asked in a whisper.

"Because I..Its because-"

"Because?"

We stopped dancing as there was a pause in the music and we just stood there, staring at each other.

"Because I love you, Lidiya." he said.

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow.

Only know you lover when you let her go'

Matt put his hand up and started to caress my check.

"Matthew..."

'Only know you've been high when your feeling low'

He starts to leaned down and I put my hand on his shoulders.

"Matt." I said.He smiles.

'Only hate the road when your missing home.

"I love it when you say my name." He said. He leans down so almost are lips are touching.

'Only know you lover her when you let her go'

He's about to close the gap when I put my hands on his chest stopping him. A tear goes down my eye as Matt looks at me confused.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I walk away from Matt and make my way out off the dance floor.

'And you let her go...'