Chapter 7

Melody's POV

As I got into the house, I turned around and came face to face with my father. I gasped because he snuck up behind me and startled me. When I breathed in I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He threw a vase on the floor, and it crashed to the ground. I started to go clean it up, but he roughly picked me up by my hair.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the brat. Guess someone decided to finally come home." My father said. He then started to kick me.

"You have come home two minutes late, what do you have to say for yourself? Huh? You better answer me brat." He yelled in my face.

I just looked at him and then looked down and showing him that I was sorry, and that I would obey him and not do it again.

He then grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes. I saw his cold dark brown eyes that almost looked black. He then slapped me so hard I fell to the ground. My hand went onto one of the glass shard and cut my hand. It started to bleed, but luckily it wasn't too deep. He proceeded to kick me in the stomach.

"I hope you learned your lesson brat" he said.

I just nodded my head.

"Good, then go start making dinner, and then do your homework." He yelled.

He turned towards the door, but then paused. "Oh and Melody, since you didn't get home on time, No dinner tonight." He said.

I nodded and then limped to the kitchen and quickly made him some spaghetti and then put it on a plate with a beer. When I was done I saw that he was sitting in the living room passed out from the alcohol. I quickly went up to my room and did my homework. However after I was about three-quarters of the way done, I got up and went to the bathroom that was attached to my room. I heard the door to my room open but ignored it. I just stared into the mirror. My mind kept running through the things I have been told my whole life.

"Worthless"

"Brat"

"Good for nothing"

"Useless"

"Ugly"

"Waste of space"

"Never should have been born"

The list keeps going on and on, but the one that keeps sticking out to me was:

"Broken"

I kept staring at the pathetic girl in front of me. They were right, I was broken.

Suddenly I heard the door to my closet open, like they were looking for me. Then I heard knocking on my bathroom door. I didn't know who it was but I didn't care.

I didn't care about anything at this point.

"Broken" I whispered.

The knocking stopped. That was the first word I have spoken in seven years.

I laughed quietly.

"If only they knew how broken I really was. How bad my life is. If only they knew. They were right, he was right, I am broken. I can't do it anymore. I can't live with the pain especially now. I have no one left to live for. No brother, no mother, no one. No one loves me, so why should I love myself."

Then I quickly opened my cabinet drawer and took out the razor. I stared at it. I have wanted to cut and end it so many times before, but I have never had the courage. After today though, after seeing him, it finally broke me. I just can't do it anymore.

The knocking suddenly started again, along with a voice I didn't recognize, and then more pounding, it sounded like two people. I knew that couldn't be right though.

I held up my arm and dragged the blade across it. I saw the blood slowly seep out. I made a couple more cuts to make it go faster. Then I heard a voice that sounded like Xavier's.

"Randal do you smell that? It smells a lot like blood."

Then I heard something almost inhuman, I heard a growl.

The pounding started getting louder, but I was getting light-headed.

Suddenly the door burst open, and right as I lost consciousness, I saw two blurry figures coming towards me, and one of them shouted "NO!" although I couldn't tell which one.