Chapter 16

Melody's POV

After breakfast, Randal gave me a tour of his house, and let me tell you it was a mansion!! His parents must be rich! There were 6 floors, with all of his family living on the 6th floor, and then a whole bunch of bedrooms on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors. I found out Xavier's room was on the 5th floor, then on the 2nd floor was the hospital, and on the first floor there was a kitchen, a workout room, a gaming room, a rec room, and a living room. There also happened to be a pool and hot tub in the backyard. The garage was also very big, there were at least ten cars in it, and all of the cars looked expensive.

After the tour Randal took me to the living room, "do you want to watch a movie?" he asked.

I nodded my head.

So he put in a movie that I didn't happen to see the title of, and then sat beside me on the couch. I glanced up at him and he was smiling knowingly. I started to get an uneasy feeling, and then I saw the title of the movie. "The Conjuring" I immediately looked up at him, and he just sat there, looking at the screen, and then he put his arm around me. It wasn't even a minute into the movie before I was hiding under the blanket and burying my face in Randal's chest. It didn't help that the lights were off. Randal just stayed calm and held me tighter. Suddenly the lights turned on and I screamed so loudly, and then pulled the blanket up over me. Randal chuckled lightly at me since I was shaking so hard by this point.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?!" a voice shouted, "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO GIVE HER A HEART ATTACK?"

I quickly took a peek from behind the covers, and saw that it was Evelyn. I sighed in relief when I saw it was her. I looked over at Randal and he was smirking at his sister.

"What? I didn't think it was such a bad idea, I mean she was snuggled right into me, and I really enjoyed how close she was, what's so wrong with that?" He asked.

Ella then walked in, and saw what movie was playing, and she started screaming at Randal as well. "CAN'T YOU SEE YOU SCARED HER HALF TO DEATH, AND IT ISN'T EVEN 5 MINUTES IN YET!?! IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT SHE WAS "SNUGGLED INTO YOU" YOU ARE JUST BEING SELFISH, OF COURSE SHE WOULD BE SCARED OF THAT AND DON'T YOU THINK THAT SHE HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH FEAR IN HER LIFE!"

All the screaming caused Xavier to walk in and check to see what was going on. When he saw me shaking and hiding in Randal's chest, he took one look at everyone and especially what we were watching and he joined in as well. "DUDE, NOT COOL! THAT'S MY LITTLE SIS THAT YOU HAPPEN TO BE SCARING THERE AND I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!" then Xavier said in a softer tone, "Melody everything is ok, let's go and do something else, I promise it was not real and nothing bad will happen." When he started to speak softly to me that is when I lost it, I started crying.

"MELODY WAIT!" Randal shouted, and I flinched. "I'm sorry," he said in a softer tone, "I just wanted to hold you and I'm sorry I shouldn't have put that movie in, I should have known better, and what I did was a very jerk-like move. What I am trying to say is that I am sorry and I won't ever do that again, can you ever forgive me?"

I looked at him and he looked truly regretful and sorry and I knew I could trust that he wouldn't ever do that again. So I nodded my head, but he was looking at the ground, so he didn't see. So I went up to him, lifted his face up, and I looked into his hazel eyes. Then I kissed him....