Chapter 14

Randal's POV

I heard the yelling coming from Melody's room so I quickly rushed up there to investigate. Never in my life would I have imagined the scene before me that I was seeing. Her father was standing over her in his boxers, and there was Melody laying down on the ground, all bloody and curled into a ball. She looked over to me, and I saw the scared look in her eyes. That was all it took to make me lose it. I felt my wolf take over and my eyes turn black. All I could see was red when I walked up to her father and punched him so hard that he turned unconscious. Just as I was about to punch him again, I heard a soft whimper. I looked over at Melody, and she was crying and shaking from fear and shock over what just happened. Quickly I got control back, and then I walked over to her and picked her up.

"I am so sorry Mel," I said, "I shouldn't have trusted him, I thought that he truly just wanted to say goodbye, I could never have imagined he would try to do something like this with me sitting right there in the living room. I am so sorry. Let's go home."

When I said that she just curled into my chest and started sobbing; she was sobbing so hard it made my heart break. I should have been there for her, I should have been more careful, I should have known that her father wouldn't stop abusing her. I started walking towards my house, and as I opened the door, I heard Melody sigh. It sounded so peaceful and so beautiful. I couldn't help myself, I kissed her forehead and whispered the words "I love you" right as she fell limp in my arms. She had fallen asleep. I was happy, she felt safe enough around me to fall asleep in my arms, and it showed that she was truly beginning to trust me. I walked up to my room and laid her down on my bed, then I quickly got ready for bed, and then crawled in beside her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She snuggled in towards me, and she let out a contented sigh. I couldn't help but smile, my mate was perfect, and I loved her. There is nothing I wouldn't do to keep her happy and safe. So I fell asleep, with thoughts of my beautiful mate running through my head.