Chapter 10

Melody's POV

I woke up to a strange beeping; I groaned then opened my eyes. I looked around and I noticed that I was in a white room with a bunch of monitors, and there were lots of cords, and IVs in my arm. There was also stitches and gauze around it as well. I am in a hospital, I groaned, oh no dad's gonna kill me. I thought. Then I heard voices right outside the door. It sounded like Xavier, and someone else that I didn't know. All I know is that the voice was male. I was listening in and I grew confused, and angry. What is a beta? And why in the world would Xavier be telling my life story to someone I haven't even met? I started writing down all my questions on some paper I found by the bed when the doctor came in. He looked up from his chart and did a double take, and then dashed out of the room. I then heard what sounded like three sets of footsteps heading towards the door. In walked that guy from school yesterday, then the doctor, and finally Xavier. I was already crying, but when I saw Xavier I was full on sobbing, I couldn't believe he was here. I was just so hurt by the way he left, and now he has only come back to hurt me more. I can't trust him. My biggest question though was, how am I still alive?

All of a sudden sparks went through my hand. I looked over and saw the guy from school holding it. I looked in his eyes and it almost looked like worry, and sadness, and another emotion I couldn't recognize. I started to cry harder. That couldn't be directed at me, no one cares about me, so why would he? I thought. The doctor then gave the guy all my questions, I saw him pale a bit when he got to my beta question.

I saw Xavier reading them over his shoulder as well. What he said next shocked me though.

"Mel, we have a lot of explaining to do, but even if you don't believe me, at least believe this. I do care, and I am so sorry that I wasn't there for you. I love you." Xavier said.

The guy next to him looked confused, and he questioned Xavier about my childhood nickname.

"I like it" he said turning back to me, "the perfect nickname for the perfect mate."

I froze, and then looked at him curiously. When he noticed what he said he turned pale real quick.

"Well I better start explaining shouldn't I?" he asked

I just nodded my head.

He then proceeded to tell me about werewolves, and mates, and that he and Xavier were wolves as well.

I sat still and processed all they told me, they just sat patiently waiting to see how I would react. I just shook my head to clear my thoughts, and then I reached for my pen and paper. I asked a question that caught him off guard.

What's your name? The paper said.

"Randal" he replied, "but you are welcome to call me anything you want Mel, because I am yours and only yours."

I nodded and then turned to Xavier. He was looking at me strangely. Then what he said surprised me.

"Can you please speak to us Mel?" He asked, "we both know you can, we heard you in the bathroom"

I sighed.

"Fine" I said, "what would you like to know?"

"Everything that happened since I left" Xavier said

I shook my head quickly.

"No" I said.

"Why not" Randal asked

I just shook my head.

Randal sighed

"Ok we will let you get some sleep. Goodnight Mel" he said

I just nodded

I can't stay, father will kill me, and I don't want to bring anybody else into this. I thought

I sorta remember the way to my house, because we are near the school.

So I quickly got out of the hospital bed, and snuck past the nurses to outside, and I started the long walk home.