Chapter 26

Melody's POV

It has been exactly 5 months, 24 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes, and 38 seconds since I have been brought to Tristan's house, but who's counting? Oh wait, I guess I am.

Apparently one of Tristan's best friends and allies are coming today, along with his beta. He wouldn't tell me his name, just that I would be "playing maid" again today. Apparently his friend lost his mate, and he was looking for her. However he said that he just recently lost his mate. At least that was what Alpha Tristan assumed because he hadn't called until now. I knew it wasn't Randal because he probably has moved on and fallen in love with someone else. I mean who would want me anyway. I am just a broken girl, with a messed up life. Plus it has already been five months, and the friend has only just recently lost his mate. So it couldn't be Randal, that would be impossible.

I put on my 'maid outfit, which was basically just a dress with an apron, it kind of reminds me of Cinderella's work outfit. The blue dress and the white apron, there is even something to cover my hair so it doesn't get in my way.

Anyway, Tristan has asked me to clean the library, so I better get started on that.

I heard the door to the office next door open, and I heard voices. I just ignored them though. Then the voices got louder until they were yelling, I still couldn't make out what they were saying, they did sound very frustrated though. I thought nothing of it until the door to the library slammed shut. I was so caught up in what was happening that I didn't even hear it open. I dropped the book I was dusting with a dusting cloth in fright.

Suddenly a voice spoke behind me.

The voice made my breathing hitch.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you, I am just really frustrated right now." The voice said.

A tear slid down my cheek. I would know that voice anywhere. It was Randal.

"You seem awfully familiar, have we met before? What is your name?" he asked.

I was about to respond but then I remembered my father's warning. So I just shook my head and picked up the book. I kept my back to him.

My fingers were shaking so badly that the book slipped and I dropped it, again. I then just lost it and knelt down sobbing.

"What's wrong? Have I upset you?" he asked frantically.

I just shook my head.

"Won't you please speak to me? He asked as he grabbed my shoulder gently.

He helped me stand up, but I ducked my head and hid my face so he wouldn't know who I was. Why would he want me, he would be disgusted with me, about how weak and broken I was.

"Please don't hide your face from me, just look at me. I won't hurt you." He said gently.

I just shook my head.

He then took a finger and gently tucked it under my chin, and then he slowly raised my face. I met his eyes, and he gasped.

I quickly looked away, and I felt tears pooling in my eyes. All of a sudden I feel his lips on mine. He then pulled away and said: "Oh, goodness, I thought I lost you Melody! I have been looking for you for almost 6 months. I am so glad I finally found you! I am so relieved."

He brought his lips down to mine again, and I kissed him back.

He then pulled away and just gazed into my eyes.

Then suddenly he yelled, "XAVIER, GET IN HERE!" I quickly turned around and picked up the book while he was looking away. I went to put it away.

"What, what's wrong Randal?" Xavier said rushing into the room.