Chapter 20

Melody's POV

"Mel, you're beautiful! But how come you had wings for a second?" Randal said.

"Well you see I...I.... um." I stuttered nervously.

Don't be nervous, he's our mate, he will accept us. Just tell him. Megan said inside my head.

I jumped then I nervously replied; I can still hear you even though I am not a wolf? How?

It's just the way it works Mel. Meg said.

"Mel? Are you ok?" Randal asked.

"Hmm? Oh yes sorry I was just talking to Meg. You see apparently I am a hybrid; I am half angel and half wolf. Meg is my inner hybrid. I think that is what you call her. Um I think it would be hard to say angel-wolf all the time since she is one person so I am just gonna call her hybrid, or Meg. Does that make sense? I am sorry I am so new at this. I didn't expect this to happen. I didn't know I was half angel, I guessed on the wolf part because of Xavier though. I just don't understand how this could happen. Since I am a freak though I understand if you don't love me anymore, I get it, I mean who would want a fre...." I was cut off suddenly by Randal's lips on mine. I immediately responded, after a minute he pulled away.

"Mel, you were rambling, but you are not a freak. Ok? I love you just the way you are; you are perfect in my eyes. I couldn't care less if you were a hybrid because it makes you all the more special. Angel, you are still you, it doesn't matter if you aren't human like you thought you were, you are still the one of a kind girl that I love." Randal said.

I just looked up at him with tears in my eyes. I couldn't believe he thought that about me. Then all of a sudden a thought crossed my mind, and I started giggling.

"What?" Randal asked.

"It's nothing, I was just thinking... You have always called me angel and I guess I really am one, so you picked the right nickname for me without even trying." I said.

Randal looked confused for a second, but then he realized what I was talking about and he smiled. "I guess I did." He said.

Then he leaned in to kiss me again. Just as his lips were hovering above my own, a throat was cleared. I quickly hid my face in his chest in embarrassment. Randal just chuckled, and then looked over at whoever interrupted us. I looked over as well. It was Xavier who looked very uncomfortable.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt, but we have some rouges asking to enter our territory. It's only two of them and it is a mother and daughter. The patrols wanted to know what to do. They would have asked you directly, but your mind link was blocked so they asked me. It seems they want to join the pack. What do you think?" Xavier asked.

"I don't think we should, Rouges can be dangerous, and we don't know their story." Randal replied.

"Wait!" I said, "Can't we at least hear them out, I will be able to tell if they are lying because I will be able to feel if they are nervous. I can feel other's emotions. So if I listen in I should be able to know the truth. If they are not dangerous let them stay, and if they are lying then do what you usually do to rouges; whatever it is that you do."

Xavier and Randal were looking at me in awe. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Randal asked. I just nodded my head.

"Ok then, we will meet them in the meeting room in 2 hours. Let them know that they are welcome to get something to eat until then." Randal said.

"Ok, I will let the patrols know." Xavier replied and then walked off.

We walked back to the pack house hand in hand. When we got back to the house we walked in and suddenly there was a scream.

I quickly covered my ears and looked to see who screamed. I didn't feel any fear, but I was still worried.

Suddenly a little boy comes running around the corner, he looks just like Randal but he only seems to be about 5 years old. He ran right into Randal's arms, and gave him a big hug.

"Bubba! Your back!" the little boy said.

"Yes, I am buddy. Now are you ok with meeting someone who is very special to me? Would that be ok?" Randal replied.

The little boy just nodded his head excitedly.

"Mel, this is my little brother Rollin. Rollin this is my mate Mel." Randal said.

"Nice to meet you," I said. "You look so adorable! How old are you?"

"I am this many," Rollin replied holding up five fingers, "but I am not adorable, I am handsome! Like Bubba!"

Randal just laughed. "Yes you are little man." He said.

"Well it was very nice to meet you!" I said.

"This is your mate?" Rollin whispered, however it was still loud enough for me to hear, "she's pretty!"

"I know" Randal whispered back

Rollin then pulled back to look at Randal. "You better treat her right, mister, or else you will have to deal with me!" Rollin said.

I just giggled. He was just so cute! Especially with his little lisp that he had when he tried to say the L in his words. "Thank you buddy," I said, "I will make sure that if he doesn't I will go right to you!"

"Good!" Rollin shouted.

He then got down from where Randal was holding him, and ran off to go play some more.

"Well that's Rollin," Randal said.

"He is adorable! Now, any other surprise siblings I will need to watch out for?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Nope! He's the last one, but you still have to meet my parents." He said.

I quickly paled.

"What's wrong?" Randal asked.

"W-what if t-they don't like me?" I stuttered nervously.

"Are you kidding? They are gonna love you! I promise! Trust me." He said, "Now let's go to that meeting. The rouges are already in the meeting room."

So we walked to one of the meeting rooms, and Randal opened the door. I took one step into the room and I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn't believe who I saw.....