Allison

I was unpacking my cups when I heard a knock at the door. I answered, so see a man about my height, with grey blonde hair, shifting from leg to leg rather uneasily. It was Dr. John Watson. I loved his blog!

"Erm, is there anything I can do for you sir?" I asked, blowing my copper hair out of my face.

"Erm yes, hi. I'm-"

"Dr. John Watson."

"Yes...I'm visiting a friend of mine right now, and he hasn't the decency to come and introduce himself to you, so I'm doing it for him." I chuckled.

"Well, Dr. Watson, my name is Allison Cooper. Would you like to come in?" I let him in, and motioned for him to sit down in one of my big comfy chairs. I brought him a cup of tea, and sat down, sipping my own. "So what's he like, my neighbor?"

"He's a major prick."

I laughed. "That's usually what people say about me! Only they use different words."

"His name is Sherlock Holmes,and he is one of the cleverest men you will ever meet, so stay on guard. He can see through you in a second."

"Not if I see through him first," I chuckled to myself.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing. So, where'd you wife go with her friends?"

"How did you... Oh no. Are you serious?" He sat back in the chair with a sigh. "Not another one!" He muttered to himself.

"I'm sorry Dr. Watson-"

"John."

"I'm sorry John, but what do you mean, 'not another one'?"

"I fear that you are what Sherlock is."

"And that is?"

"A genius." To this I threw back my head and laughed.

"Oh, John, you are funny! You are too funny!"

"Well you knew I was married-"

"Wedding ring."

"And you knew that my wife was at dinner with friends!"

"That one was easy. Why else would a man be staying with his boring genius friend whom he used to live with, for the evening?"

"How did you know..."

"I read the papers. I knew who you were. I read your blog."

He sighed again. "Oh. I see."

"It's part of the reason I chose to rent this particular flat, you see. I'm a pretty big fan of your work, John. You're a great author. You should write a novel."

"You think so?" I nodded sagely. We talked for about fifteen more minutes until he got a text from his wife. He had to leave, and as he closed the door behind him, above me I heard a pistol shot, and then John's voice, yelling. I heard the yelling response from a voice of another man, deeper and louder. I smiled to myself. Sherlock.