Greg

I stopped staring at the pavement when I heard the crunching sound of car tyres over slushy snow, and looked up to see a black taxi.

Sherlock got out of the backseat on the passenger's side, and someone I didn't recognize got out of the driver's side. The two of them approached me. Sherlock's guest had dark copper hair, was startlingly pale, and covered in freckles. She had big luminous green eyes, and was wrapped up in a big brown parka with fur trim around the hood. In short, she was very pretty.

"Hello," I said, sticking my hand out for her to shake. "M'name's Greg Lestrade."

She shook my hand, and replied. "Nice to meet you Greg. My name's Allison Cooper."

Sherlock had just nodded at me, and had already disappeared into the building where we had found the body.

Allison bounded in after him, and it was slightly reminiscent of the way John used to follow Sherlock around.

I entered after them, and saw Allison being acquainted with Sally Donovan.

"...Nice to meet you, Sally, I'm Allison."

"You shouldn't be hanging around with Freak."

"And why not?"

"He gets off on it."

"Being friends?"

"No, murder."

Allison chuckled and shook her head. "I honestly can't say that he's the only one. It's not nice to call people Freak, Sally. Take it from someone who can tell you firsthand, it really hurts."

Sherlock had already went into the room where the body was, oblivious of this little heart-to-heart that Allison just had with Donovan, and I passed the two of them.

Allison trailed behind me, and I stopped in the doorway. She must've not been looking where she was going, because she smashed into my back. She fell back, saying, "Oh, dear, I'm sorry Greg!"

"You're fine," I reassured her. I walked into the room, and Allison entered after me. Sherlock was already standing at the body when we came in, and was looking slightly triumphant.

"Hey, Ally, can you come examine this body?" he asked. Allison dutifully walked up to the body, and dropped into a low crouch. She pulled something out of her pocket, and began muttering to herself as she carefully scanned the murdered individual.

"The victim was forty-five, and one-hundred and sixty pounds, give or take. She's about 5'4", and experienced a bout of good fortune three years ago, yet has since fallen on hard times. She's divorced and right handed, as well as has three children. I'm guessing she was a sort of secretary, or something along those lines. She has been laying here for at the very least a day, after dying of anaphylactic shock, I'm guessing a reaction to wheat." She looked up expectantly at Sherlock. "Anything I missed?"

"Nothing of screaming importance. She has recently been travelling. See the tan line?" he motioned towards the dead woman's wrists and neck. Allison nodded.

I was utterly gobsmacked. There was a female Sherlock.