Sherlock

Mrs. Hudson had busied herself in the kitchen with making tea, and Allison was lying right next to me on the floor. Her hand drifted up to my midsection, over my shirt., tracing the outline of a small, round, abnormality.

"That's where, huh?" she asked. But it wasn't really a question, more like a plain statement.

"That's where."

"Did it hurt?"

"Like bloody hell."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"I've been shot before too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, well sorta. Bullet grazed the outside of my shoulder, see." She pulled up the sleeve on her right shoulder, showing me a long gash-like scar.

"Looks like it hurt."

"Oh-ho, yeah. Like bloody hell."

Mrs. Hudson chose that particular moment to come into the room, holding a tray with steaming tea cups and biscuits. I accepted the tea gratefully. Allison sat, sipping her tea, studying me closely.

"What?" I barked.

She started, and then looked down at her tea, turning bright red. "Nothing." she mumbled into the tea, making it bubble.

I pulled out my phone, checking texts. I had a new one from Lestrade. Serial killer. "Hey Allison?"

"Hm?"

"Lestrade just informed me about a new serial killer, and they can't seem to track him down. Coming?" I got up, and went to my flat to get dressed for the day.