Sherlock

A special thanks to SherlockKingkiller for helping me write for Mycroft. Otherwise he wouldn't have sounded as accurate! Enjoy, y'all!

Cheers!

-Lai

"This one or this one?" Ally asked, holding up two identical glasses of wine. "Which one tastes better, Sher? The Cabernet or the Merlot?"

"Hm," I said, thinking. "I like the Merlot better."

"Merlot it is." She looked through her checklist. "Okay, so we've decided on the wine. Cake next?"

"Oh God, why..." I groaned, as she dragged me into a cab that she directed to a bakery that she and Mary had picked out.

"You wanted to be involved, didn't you?"

"Yeah... I guess I brought this upon myself."

"Yep. Tomorrow, Mary, me, and the rest of my bridesmaids are going dress shopping, so you and John can do whatever."

"Yes!" I said, balling my fists victoriously.

"Just don't kill anyone." she said, smirking.

"Not funny, Ally." I said, unamused.

"I know, I know. Who are your ushers again?"

"My best man is John, and my ushers are Mycroft, your brother Daniel, and Lestrade."

She chuckled. "My maid of honor is Mary, and my bridesmaids are Genevieve and Molly."

I nodded.

She thought for a moment. "Wait, I didn't think that Mycroft had agreed to being a usher."

"He hasn't."

"Don't you think that's problematic, Sher?"

"Why?"

"Because we are planning for him to be there and he won't?"

"He will."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

"He will be there."

For the rest of the day, I tasted at least six different kinds of cake, looked at all different colours of décor, tried to help Ally decide on an actual colour scheme (we were going with white and a very pale blue), looked at bridesmaids dresses (which I honestly didn't have much of a say in), and book a venue. It was exhausting.

When we finally got back to 221b, I collapsed on the sofa dramatically and let out a huge exaggerated sigh. Ally flopped down on top of me, and one of her elbows accidently jabbed me in the stomach. "Oomph!" I gasped.

"Sorry Sher!" she exclaimed, moving her arm into a more comfortable position for the both of us.

I picked up her left hand and began to play with the engagement ring on her finger, twisting it around absentmindedly. "Engaged." I murmured.

"Affianced." she murmured into my shirt.

"Together." I whispered into her hair, and reflected on the events of the past week.

"Hello, Lestrade." I swept through the precinct and into the Detective Inspector's office with an air of authority and defiance.

The DI looked up. "Good morning, Sherlock. Why are you here?"

"Can't I come by to say hello?"

"I guess you could, but that's rather unlike you."

"True," I stood near the doorway awkwardly. "I actually came by to ask you a question."

"Fire away." he said, absentmindedly.

"I was wondering if you would be... one of my ushers?"

"Your WHAT?!" asked Lestrade, looking up so sharply and suddenly that he appeared to have cricked his neck, for he began to rub it, wincing.

"One of my ushers."

"You're getting married?!"

"Yes. I asked Ally to marry me."

The Detective Inspector cracked a huge grin, came out from behind his desk, and gave me a big hug which I received rather stiffly. "Of course I'll be one of your ushers!"

"What are you doing here?"

"It's nice to see you too, Mycroft."

"We both know you'd never actually say that and mean it."

I shrugged. It wasn't like he was wrong. I never really enjoyed seeing Mycroft. "I came by to tell you something and ask you a question."

He made a disdainful sort of noise, and I bristled. He said smoothly, "What is it that you have to say? Quickly, if you please."

"You already know what I want to ask you."

"Of course, but you may as well say it anyway. There's always the slight chance that I'm wrong. I hope I am."

"Mycroft, it would," I paused, and then said the next part of my of my sentence through gritted teeth, "please me greatly, if you would kindly attend my wedding."

He turned to face me. "You're marrying her."

"Yes, but you already knew that."

"Yes. I was not very pleased when I found out, either."

"Hmph."

"I suppose that if you want to waste your time, that's your affair. I always thought you were a bit more intelligent than that. What ever happened to not getting involved, hm?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and glaring down his nose

I remained silent, ignoring this jibe. Finally I spoke. "So, will you attend my wedding?"

"That's not all, is it. You want me to be a usher."

"Yes."

"If I wanted to waste my time with useless frivolity, I'd go get involved myself. I have no interest."

"Mycroft, I-"

"Why waste your breath, little brother?"

"Don't call me that!" I snarled. "Ally wants you to be at our wedding! And you're my brother, no matter how much I hate to say that."

"I fail to see the relevancy here."

"There'll be cake?"

"Would you kindly leave?" he said, not kindly at all.

"Mycroft."

"Yes, brother dear?" he asked, smiling with false sweetness.

I took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. "...please?"

"I'm touched," he drawled sarcastically. "Begging is so effective." He rolled his eyes.

"I see that any more of an effort to sway you is futile. And I don't apologize for wasting your time." I turned to leave. I had a better idea.

An hour later, I got a call from Mycroft. "Please tell me that you did not call our mother and inform her that I would not be at your wedding."

"Well, then I would be lying, Mycroft."

"Sixty six emails, forty two phone calls, and one hundred and thirty eight texts!"

"Sorry not sorry."

"Half of which were asking me if she was doing it right or if it even sent!"

"Again, sorry not sorry."

"I still refuse to attend."

"Your loss." I hung up. If Mum couldn't get Mycroft to attend my wedding, I'm not sure anyone could.