Sherlock

"C'mon, Sher, don't you want to go have drinks with your wife?" Ally asked, pulling me towards the door. Well, more like pleaded.

"Honestly? No. Not after what happened last time." I grumbled, pulling away. "Can't we just go to bed?"

She gave me a look. "Us, sleep? C'mon, Sher, that's unrealistic."

I shrug. "I suppose you are correct."

"Does this mean you'll come with me?"

"No."

"GODDAMMIT SHERLOCK!" she bellowed.

"Language, love."

She dropped my arm, and I straightened up, pulling both hands on my back, wincing. The look of shock on her face was frankly a bit funny, and I let out a little chuckle. She finally managed to splutter out, "Did you... did you just call me... call me love?"

"Erm..." I said. "I suppose I did..."

"I thought you said pet names were stupid."

"Pet names are stupid."

"Then why call me love?"

"Why call me Sher? I call you Ally. We could call each other Sherlock and Allison, we don't, now do we?"

She appeared to be mulling this over. "I suppose you are correct."

"Of course I am," I say, smirking at her.

"Will you please go?" she said, grabbing my arm once more and pulling me, rather, attempted to pull me, to the door.

"Mm, no." I said, sitting down on the ground to make it harder for her to pull me.

"SHERLOCK! YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE!" she bellowed.

About an hour later, I was sitting in a pub with a mixed drink in my hand. Ally had managed to drag me into a pub, and we were both drinking fruity cocktails. Girly drinks. At least, that's what John calls them.

"So, Sherlock, are you having fun now?" Ally asked, taking a swig of her cocktail and making a face.

I took a sip of my own drink. "I may be enjoying myself a little, but fun? Nah."

She made a face. "C'mon, Sher!"

I shrugged. "I don't want to lie to you."

"That's never stopped you before," she grumbled, more to the cocktail glass than to me.

The next few hours went by, us just sitting there, downing drink after drink, and getting quite drunk. Shit, this reminded me of John's bachelor party. I already felt horrible, but loose. Everything was loose...

"Sher!" Ally's slurred, drunken words interrupted my train of thought.

"Hm?" I said, swaying to the right, almost falling out of my chair before correcting myself.

"I jus' wan'd t'ask you'f y'wanted t'go home." she said, drawing out the last sound in 'home.'

I nodded too many times. "Yeah, le's go home." I drew out the sound in 'home' as well, making her giggle. She didn't giggle when she was sober.

We staggered out of the bar, swaying left and right and having trouble walking, leaning on each other.

"...and then, he said, 'No! I'm no watermelon!'" Ally crowed, interrupting my thoughts.

I snorted with laughter and leaned into her heavily. She gave a little cry of surprise and we fell over on the pavement, laughing.

Someone behind us yelled, quite loudly, and quite rudely, "Get a room!" but we were too drunk to care.

We helped each other stand, and we made our way, drunkenly, to the street. I waved my hand out in the street to flag down a taxi.

The cab came to a screeching halt in front of where we were standing. I opened the door for Ally, and she just sort of fell over onto the seat, as if she were belly flopping into the car. "Ally, get inna car," I said, my words slurring.

"Oh, good lordie. You're both pissed." said the cabbie. He sounded a bit ticked off.

"Sorr' sir," I say. "We dinn plan on gett'n' durnk."

"No," said Ally, drawing out the sound. "It's not durnk, it's drunk. We dinn plan on gett'n' drunk."

"Oh, yeah. I knew 'at." I say, tilting my head back.

"So... where am I going?" asked the cabbie.

"221b Baker Street," Ally and I said, in near unison, which caused us to start giggling like mad.

I tried to deduce the cab driver, but all I got was confusion. "You're wife..." I started to say.

"Piano, kid," said Ally.

"Yeah, piano kid. Dog."

"Kid dog. Kiddog..." said Ally, in her drunken stupor.

"What the hell are you two yammering about?" asked the cabbie.

Both Ally and I dissolved into giggles over this, and I'm not quite sure either of us knew exactly why.

Once back at the flat, we stood in the middle of the living room, leaning on each other for support. "I hadda good time," said Ally.

"Lier," I say, drawing out the word. "That sucked."

"Yeah... yer right... id'did suck." she said. After those words left her mouth, she looked up at me with an odd expression on her face. I could smell the alcohol on her. Or maybe that was coming from me? I could smell the alcohol on the both of us.

She gave me that odd stare, which I returned. Our faces drew closer, and closer, and closer, until we met in the middle in a big, open mouthed kiss.

We didn't kiss that often. But we were drunk.

One kiss led to a lot of making out on the sofa, and all I can say is that maybe we did not make the best decisions with what exactly we did after that.