Sherlock

John had left, and I was sitting at my laptop checking emails. I had seen that headshake, I had seen the incredulous expression. He thought that Ally and I were flirting. Wait... Ally? No, Allison. Her name is Allison.

"Did you get that email I sent you?!"

"Bout what?"

"The case!"

"Yes!"

"I got the press to cover the Barnes murder and the jewel heist, and John just updated his blog!"

"Jewel heist?"

"Oh, I may have worked on that one without you..."

"SHERLOCK!"

"Sorry!"

A mobile pinged. Not mine, mine was in my pocket. "All-" No, Allison. "Allison!"

"What!?" She called from the other room.

"You got a text!"

"Kay!" She waltzed into the room and scooped up her mobile. "Oh!"

"Hm?"

"It's from my brother."

"What does he say?"

"He says he's back in London for the month with his wife and kids and wants to get together soon."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I haven't see him in a long time."

She looked so depressed. Her mouth drawn into a thin line, her brow furrowed and her eyes frowning. "Then maybe you should go see him."

"Will you come?"

"I'm not sure."

"Please?"

"Why?"

"Because I haven't seen him in ages and would like backup."

"Is he smart like you?"

"Yes, but I'm the smart one. Daniel is smarter than Genevieve, my older sister."

"Well then I will go."

"Thank you."

The next day, I was once again sitting at my laptop. I was adding to my website, when Ally came running in, holding her mobile in the air. "Sher!"

"What?"

"A client! They want to meet up for lunch!"

"Intriguing." I looked back down at my laptop and continuing to write. "Where?"

"Speedy's."

"When?"

"Today."

"What time?"

"One."

"Okay. I will come with you. Make sure you have your gun."

"Everyone's gonna think we are on a date."

"Oh well. So be it. Nothing new. Every time I went anywhere with John, people would always think that we were a couple."

She laughed. It was deep and throaty, due to her low alto. She waltzed out of my flat, swinging her hips and humming.

At one, she appeared at my door. "I do believe that Mr. Sherlock Holmes is taking me on a date."

I decided to play along. "Yes, m'lady." I offered her my arm, and she started laughing, pushing it back to my side.