Chapter 8

"Will you please go with me? Please, Ria? Please?!"

I rolled with my eyes and a laugh escaped my mouth as soon as Mia called me by the nickname that only she calls me. Most people just call me Val, but of course Mia Carpenter wants to be original and have her own nickname for me.

"Mia, I'm sorry but I can't. Brandon asked me first," I told her.

She looked at me in a way that screamed 'chicks before dicks!' and I quickly shook my head. 

"Oh no, don't even go there. You know that you and Tina will always go before any guy on the planet, but you know I can't just cancel dinner last minute. His Mom probably already set the table and cooked the whole thing!"

"You're right, sorry. Well I guess it's time to go then. Maybe I'll see you later - and if not, I love you," Mia said before she walked away dramatically. 

I just can't believe what kind of a drama queen Mia really is. She acts like she's going to die when in fact she's just scared to go to the dentist alone. If it wasn't for Brandon, I would have gone with her, but I already promised him I'd stay over at his place tonight and his Mom was probably counting on me as well.

Please, I will never be the girl that intentionally puts her boyfriend before her girlfriends. I love and care about Brandon, but he also knows that Tina and Mia will always be my main priority. That's also what Tina told her boyfriend Matthew and I am sure Mia will do the same thing when she starts to date someone.

"Hey hot stuff, wanna get into my car?!" A voice behind me yelled and I turned around grinning, already knowing who it was.

I walked towards the car and talked to him through the open car window. "I'm not sure. My mother always told me not to get in the car with strangers."

Now it was Brandon's turn to be grinning. "Unless they're incredibly hot right?"

I nodded, opened the car door and got in.

"You're right, you are indeed hot sir," I mumbled against his lips before I gave him a kiss. Before I knew it, Brandon's hands found their way to my ass but I quickly pulled away, not feeling the whole 'sex on our school's parking lot' thing.

"You don't know what you're missing out," Brandon said as he started the engine and drove his way to his house.

I looked outside, noticing the dark clouds they were indicating it was about to rain any minute now as I spoke up, "oh trust me, I know."

------

After dinner, Brandon and I were hanging out in his room as he was playing some video games I couldn't care less about while I was just scrolling through my social media.

It was a good thing Brandon was just as lazy as I was. We could literally stay inside for four days straight and not get bored. Just as long as we had our food, Netflix and most importantly: each other. Not that we couldn't go four days without each other, but we just liked the sex.

I threw my phone to the other side of Brandon's bed as I felt my stomach grumble. How was it that I was hungry already? We seriously finished dinner only an hour ago. I looked at Brandon who was still highly concentrated playing his video game so I decided to get food myself.

I was only wearing Brandon's biggest sweater which covered just my butt, but it didn't really matter since there was no one home besides Brandon and me. Mr. Adams hasn't been home all day because of business meetings and Jocelyn went to visit her mother after dinner.

"I'm gonna grab something to eat downstairs. You want anything?" I asked Brandon.

He didn't reply and when I asked him again, he quickly shook his head, clearly too busy to respond. I shrugged and left his bedroom, heading downstairs.