Chapter 15

"Are you sure you're okay?" Brandon asked.

I nodded and pointed at the bedroom door. "Just go to the beach with your folks, I'll be fine here on my own. There's nothing you can do for me anyway, sleep is the best medicine."

Brandon bit his lip and was obviously still not sure if he would go to the beach or stay here with me. The fact is that I really didn't mind him going to the beach. This headache was really killing me and I honestly just needed some rest. Maybe I'd feel better tonight and we could go on the boat trip Jocelyn made a reservation for after all.

She wanted to cancel it the second she heard I had a fever, but I told her not to. I'm not a little girl who needs to rest for five days straight when she felt sick, this headache would probably be gone by tonight and we can act like nothing happened.

I hated it when all the attention was focused on me. If it was from a person I wanted attention from, it was a whole other story though. Which brought me back to Noah.

I still couldn't believe he would actually let me call him by his first name. 

But the attention Noah was giving me this vacation - it was like we were on a whole other planet instead of in another state. Of course he was doing it in a way Jocelyn and Brandon didn't get suspicious about a thing. He was good. If it wasn't for him being a business man, he could easily be an actor.

I wondered if he would act like this when we were back in Los Angeles as well towards me. I mean, we'd go back to our 'normal' lives and he would probably be at work most of the time anyway. 

I took a deep breath and quickly thought about something else. If things were really going to be different once we'd be back home, I might as well enjoy this vacation with all I have.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it, curious who it could be.

Call me ASAP

It was from my mother. I frowned as I stared at the text. It was weird, she never sent me vague texts like this.

"Who is it?" Brandon asked.

"Oh, just my mom asking how I'm doing. I think I'm gonna call her, you can just go to the beach now if you want. I'll call you if anything's wrong," I smiled, wanting him to leave so I could call my mom and ask what the hell was going on.

Brandon nodded and gave me a quick kiss before he left the room. The second he left, I ringed my mom and she answered the phone in a second.

"Valeria, thank god!" She exclaimed.

"Mom! What's going on?"

"Oh my god, you're not going to believe this. Rafael was arrested for smoking marijuana! What if he has to go to jail, Val? What if they find out what he did?" Mom started crying.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. How could my brother be so stupid? He knows how careful he has to be when it comes to the police, especially with everything he has done. I think he is seriously missing quite a lot of braincells. 

"Ma, calm down. They're not going to throw Rafael in jail, not for smoking one joint. Please just lock him into his room and never let him out, this kid is making life harder for all of us," I sighed.

My mom answered vaguely by saying not to talk about my brother like that, but she knew I was right. Rafael was making our life harder than it already was, he was the whole reason why we were on edge every time we saw a police officer in the first place. It was just no way of living.

"I have to take care of this, you just enjoy your vacation in Miami. Oh, I completely forgot to ask. How is it there? Are you having fun?"

I told my mom I was having the best time here, leaving the part of having a fever and laying in bed while the others were going to the beach out. I really didn't want her to worry any more than she was doing right now. 

"Good to hear, honey. I'll speak to you soon, yes? Love you."

Once she hung up, I let myself fall back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I felt bad for my mom and all I wanted to do right now was go home and take care of her. She didn't deserve any of this, having to fucked up children.

When she found out she was pregnant with Rafael and me, she decided to keep us because she didn't want to punish us for her mistakes. Now it was like it was all the other way around. Now I felt like she was the one who was getting punished for our mistakes.

There was a knock on the door, which was weird because I thought everyone had already left but I told them to come in anyway.

The door opened and Noah appeared in my bedroom, looking handsome as ever. I got up and frowned at him. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to go to the beach with the others?"

He nodded and walked over to me. He sat down on the edge of my bed and grabbed my hand. I looked at our hands and blushed. I quickly looked away, hoping he didn't see it even though he probably did.

"I told them I had to finish some work here in the penthouse. Brandon asked me to check up on you, so here I am. How are you feeling?" He asked, just like a father would. I bit my lip and studied his face.

Without saying anything, I moved over to him and pressed my lips on his. Almost immediately he kisses me back and pushed me back onto the bed. I was laying down on the bed as his body was hovering mine. His lips found their way to my neck and they slowly made their way to my breasts.

I gasped as Noah suddenly grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it off. Here I was, laying half naked underneath the man who I admired so much and I was enjoying every moment of it. He started massaging my boobs as his lips were on mine again, our tongues finding each other.

It didn't take long before his shirt was off as well and before I knew it his naked upper body was on mine. It was amazing how natural this felt, as if we had been doing this for years. I opened my eyes and looked at the beautiful man on top of me.

I wanted him, all of him.

My hands found their way to Noah's trunks and I tried to get them off of his body, but it seemed like he didn't agree with my plan as he suddenly got up, leaving me lay here exposed as can be.

I sat up straight and frowned at him. "What's wrong? Don't you want me anymore?"

He shook his head and kneeled down in front of me, grabbing both of my hands with his. "Look, I want you more than you want to know. I'm just not going to have sex with you until you're eighteen Valeria, I'm not a pedophile."

I looked at him for a moment and shrugged.

"I swear I won't tell anyone."

He chuckled. "I know you won't, it's just that I could to prison for doing this. You have no idea how hard this is for me, resisting you is not exactly what you call easy. I mean, look at yourself."

I looked down at my body and blushed. He thought I was beautiful. I grinned and threw my arms around his neck and I pressed a soft kiss on his lips. 

"I will be turning eighteen in a month though and trust me, I already know what I want from you for my birthday."

This is getting intense!!! And a happy new year, lovely readers