Chapter 12

"I'm not sure Val, you're never home anymore and I don't even know these people! Can't you just go camping for the weekend instead of going Florida?"

I rolled my eyes, not understanding why my mother was being so difficult.

"No ma, we can't go camping! Do you have any idea how rich these people are? I just don't get why you have to make such a problem out if it, Brandon's parents are really nice and well mannered people. They're nothing like us."

My mother's face fell and I realized I shouldn't have said that. 

"I didn't mean it like that," I quickly said.

She nodded and shrugged. "Rich or not, I still don't know these people and I'm not gonna send my daughter away with people I've never met before."

I bit my lip and thought about it. Of course she had a point, I wouldn't send my kids away with people I didn't know either. It's just that I really didn't want my mother to meet Brandon's parents. First of all because I don't feel like getting so personal with them already, but mostly because I don't want my mom to meet the man I had been making out with.

My mom knew me too well and if she'd find out anything happened between Mr Adams and me, we'd be leaving California before I knew it. It was just too risky for me.

But they could call right? If I just gave my mom Jocelyn's phone number, they could talk about it over the phone and I'm sure everything will be fine then.

"Mom, what if you and Brandon's mother would just call an-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I was interrupted by a certain someone entering the house. I already knew it was my annoying ass brother. I wish he would just move out already and live under a bridge or something.

"Hola, my lovely señoritas! How are you today?" Rafael grinned as he walked into the living room. I just stared at him with no expression on my face, hoping he'd get the memo and just go to his room.

My eyebrows shot up as Mia entered the living room seconds later and sat down next to Rafael on the couch, before pressing a kiss on his lips. Was this really happening? Did my best friend really just kiss my twisted brother right in front of my face?

For a moment I couldn't speak, so my mom did.

"Mia, what a surprise!" It sounded faker than Jocelyn's boobs.

Mia smiled and grabbed Rafael's hand as she still hadn't look my way the whole time. She was ignoring me, why?

It seemed like I finally found my voice again as I stood up and grabbed Mia's hand, dragging her from the couch. She immediately started protesting, but I waited with releasing her hand until we were in the kitchen.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you with my brother and why did you kiss him? Haven't I warned you enough for him? He's sick Mia and he's only using you for his stupid games!" I almost shouted, but I tried to remain somewhat calm for Mia's sake.

She just stood there, arms on her hips, looking like a total bitch that she wasn't at tall. Why was she acting like this? Yes we had a fight, but her acting like this couldn't possibly have anything to do with that right?

"I'm not listening to you Valeria, not this time. You have to understand that I'm my own person and that I can do whatever I want! I like Rafael and he likes me, just deal with it."

Before I could say anything, Mia left the kitchen already. I leaned against the refrigerator and closed my eyes for a moment. Maybe Mia was right when said she can do whatever she wants, but she definitely wasn't right if she thought I'd let her date my brother without a fight.

I loved Mia and I cared for her so very deeply, but it's obvious she didn't exactly feel the same way about me right now. Maybe I'm going to have to call Tina and ask for her advice. I know for sure she isn't supportive of Mia and Rafael as a couple either.

Minutes later my mother appeared in the kitchen and walked over to me. "Are you okay? You seemed pretty upset just now."

I sighed. "I just don't want Mia to get hurt, you know? She's one of my best friends and if Rafael hurts her I'm going to fucking kill him!"

"Language!" 

I rolled my eyes and sighed again.

"Right... Sorry."

Mom threw her arms around me and pulled me in a hug as she spoke up. "Hey, if you want me to call Brandon's mother about the Florida trip I can do that. Just give me her number and I'll take care of it."

Even though I was still moody because of the whole Mia and Rafael situation, a little smile creeped on my face and I pressed a kiss on my mom's cheek.

"Thanks ma, you're the best."

------

It was Sunday and for some reason Sunday had become my standard "Brandon" day. I had spent every single one of them with him for as long as we have a relationship so we decided to make it a little tradition.

Jocelyn didn't mind it at all. It seemed like she really liked me, which was kind of weird to me. I've never really experienced someone being fond of me. Especially somebody so rich.

I wasn't sure if Mr Adams liked the whole "Sunday is Brandon day" thing, but since he hadn't stopped staring at me the whole day, I'd say I'm pretty positive he doesn't have any problems with it.

In just one week we are leaving for Miami and I couldn't be more excited. My mom and Jocelyn spoke over the phone and from what I have heard, everything was great. So directly after that Mr Adams booked the tickets and now I'm just counting down the days.

It was a relaxed Sunday night. Jocelyn was upstairs doing the laundry and I was watching tv with Brandon and Mr Adams in the living room.

"I think I'm gonna take a shower. I'll be right back," Brandon spoke up. He quickly presses a kiss on my lips and made his way upstairs.

Almost immediately I stood up and sat down next to Mr Adams. He didn't lose his attention from the newspaper though, playing hard to get once more. I grinned and grabbed his newspaper, throwing it to the other side of the room.

He finally looked at me as he raised his eyebrows. 

"Really?" he sighed.

"Yes, really," I grinned from ear to ear before I grabbed his face with both of my hands and pressed my lips against his.

Before I knew it, Mr Adams pulled me onto his lap and softly caressed my back as his tongue entered my mouth. We made out for a few more moments until he pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I breathed against his neck.

He shuffled uncomfortably and tried to push me off of him. "We can't do this right now, Val. What if Jocelyn or Brandon walk in?"

I rolled my eyes and pressed a kiss in his neck.

"Oh, don't be a pussy. You should enjoy this secret affair thing a little more Mr Adams, trust me. Once you do, you will see how erotic it actually is. Secretly making out with your son's young girlfriend, while your son or your wife could walk in any second. Just think about it..." I whispered in his ear.

Seconds later, I felt his boner press against my leg and I couldn't help but chuckle. "See? You'd be surprised by how much of a turn on this actually is."

Mr Adams gave me a quick kiss, before pushing me off of him and standing up.

"Where are you going?" I frowned.

He turned around and pointed at his boner. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom and take care of this little friend, before anyone wonders why I have a boner after being alone in a room with my son's girlfriend."