Chapter 13

"I've texted her a thousand times, she won't answer my calls, I even stepped by her house but no one answered the door!"

Tina kept quiet for a moment, as she was probably looking for the right thing to say. I could imagine being in the position she was right now wasn't a fun place to be in. Both of her best friends weren't talking and she's in the middle of it all.

Of course I tried to fix this pointless fight on my own first, I don't know if you can even call it a fight since Mia just won't talk to me, but it was useless. I was leaving for Miami in only a few hours and I really wanted the air to be cleared before I left.

Mia had been to my house a couple of times since the last time I've seen her, for Rafael, but she hasn't said a word to me. And of course Rafael is doing nothing to make it better, he's probably enjoying this too much.

"I really didn't want to come between this fight but you're right, Mia is being shady as fuck. I will talk to her, okay? Just forget about it while you're in Miami with your hot and rich boyfriend. Damn girl, I wish Matthew would take me on a trip to Miami. You're one lucky kid," Tina sighed.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Not that lucky though. Anyway, I gotta go. Thanks for everything and I'll text you when I'm there. Love you, bye."

I hung up the phone and my eyes wandered to my old and ugly travel bag. I felt a little embarrassed to travel with that thing. I never really cared about fitting in, but going on a trip with these rich people made me feel more insecure than I thought I would be.

I suddenly paid attention to the smallest things. Weren't my shoes too dirty? Are my nails too long? I even went and tried to plug my eyebrows. Well, that is something I will never do in my life again.

"You ready?" Jocelyn asked as she made her way outside and placed her beautiful big suitcase next to my travel bag.

I nodded as I smiled at her. "As ready as I can be."

A moment later, Mr Adams and Brandon also came outside and and they put all of our stuff in Mr Adams' car which happened to be a beautiful Audi A7. Of course he couldn't just own a simple car.

We all got into the car, Brandon and I in the backseat as Mr Adams and Jocelyn were in the front. My eyes shot to the review mirror and I quickly looked away as my eyes locked with his. Why was I suddenly so on edge around him?

Brandon grabbed my hand, giving it a little squeeze and I immediately realized it was because of him I didn't feel comfortable around Mr Adams right now. Even though I admitted to myself I was attracted to Brandon's father, didn't mean it was easy for me.

I was still in a way cheating on my boyfriend but it wasn't something I was doing intentionally. I know cheating is a choice and that it's so wrong in so many ways. It's selfish and ugly to do as a person, but it's also really hard to make a decision in this situation.

There was no future for me and Mr Adams, I knew that but the thing was that I didn't even want a future with him. My future was with Brandon and that's how it was supposed to be. The thing was just that Mr Adams was giving me everything that Brandon wasn't.

He was a man. He was mysterious, smart and the lust in his eyes when he was looking at my body was something that I've never seen from Brandon. He just made me feel wanted and I guess that's something I never really felt before.

I wondered how Mr Adams felt about this whole situation. Because while I'm cheating on my boyfriend with his father, he wasn't only cheating on his wife but he was fucking his son's girlfriend too.

Ok, we haven't really fucked yet but I'm sure that will happen anytime soon. Or at least I hoped so.

Was he having a hard time as well? Was he feeling guilty every time he looked into Jocelyn's eyes? Because I was. Every time I looked at Brandon, I felt like he deserved a thousand times better.