Chapter 17

It was Wednesday and our fourth day here in Miami. We were laying on the beach as it currently was the warmest day since we've been here. I couldn't complain, I loved it here and I wasn't ready to leave in only three days. Time flies when you're having fun.

And boy was I having fun. This vacation was everything my life back in Los Angeles wasn't, I felt like a princess. I could just snap my fingers and ask the maid (yes, there was a maid) for fresh lemonade and she'd get it for me right away. But not only that, I was also enjoying the fact I had two men here that both worshipped me.

I know it was unfair, not only towards Brandon but also Jocelyn, but it was like I couldn't control it at this point anymore. I completely lost myself when it came to Noah Adams. I usually had myself in the hand and knew where to draw the line, but it was like he totally had me wrapped around his finger.

After last night I walked around with this dilemma where I didn't know whether to tell Brandon about how I feel or just leave it this way. Of course I'd never tell him about my feelings for Noah, but I'd tell him about how my feelings for him had changed.

I wanted to be honest with him and I felt like he deserved to know how I really felt. When we first started dating we were so much closer and now it just feels as if we are more like best friends instead of lovers. We hadn't even had sex for three days.

Or is that what all couples go through? The honeymoon period is all fun and exciting, but after that it just kind of becomes.. boring?

I wondered if Brandon was noticing it as well. Was he okay with the fact we were becoming one of those boring couples? I could hardly imagine. Brandon had always been one for adventure and living life to the fullest, just like me. If we are both like that, then how did we still end up like this?

I opened my eyes to see what Brandon was doing and as expected he was sleeping. I turned around on my towel and studied Noah's face, who was reading a book. Jocelyn was taking a swim in the sea so I saw this as my change to catch up with Mr Hotpants over here.

"You know what I hate? Those ugly bikini lines on my back after tanning," I spoke up, looking at him to see how he'd react. He didn't though and kept on reading his book.

At this point I understood exactly what he was doing. Acting like he didn't notice a thing, but at the same time he sees everything. If he wanted to play it that way, that's totally okay with me. I would gladly participate in this little game.

Noah was wearing sunglasses so you couldn't really see where he was looking, but I can tell you what he was looking at when I slowly but surely untangled my bikini top and threw it in Noah's direction, acting like it was the most normal thing to do.

I saw lots of men who were walking by or just laying down on the beach next to their wives and children looking at me, enjoying the view as if they had never seen boobs before. Apparently I wasn't the only one who noticed, because within a second Noah got up and threw the bikini top in my face.

"Are you crazy? Everyone is looking at you! Put that thing back on, now!" he commanded in a volume that only I could hear. And maybe Brandon if he wasn't sleeping.

I frowned at him, playing stupid.

"I don't get the problem, sir. You can walk around without a shirt on right? So why can't I do the same?" I asked innocently.

He shook his head furiously and decided to do the deed himself. He grabbed the bikini top from the sand and quickly put it back on my body. All this time I was doing nothing but grinning from ear to ear, enjoying the fact how furious this made him.

"Don't you dare pull some shit like that again," he whispered in my ear, aware of the fact people were still watching and probably figuring out what kind of fucked up father-daughter relationship we had.

"What's going on here?" a voice behind us asked and my eyes widened as I realized it was Jocelyn who apparently got back from her swimming session. I felt how Noah quickly got up and right at this moment I wondered if this was the end.

If Jocelyn had seen all of that, she might have figured out what was going on between Noah and I and I didn't know what I'd do if that was the case.

While I was here panicking for dear life, Noah spoke up, sounding confident as ever. "Valeria's back was starting to burn so someone needed to put some sunscreen on it. Brandon fell asleep so I helped her."

"So where is the sunscreen?" Jocelyn asked and I fought the urge to get up and smack her pretty little face in half. Did I miss the part where we decided to play 20 questions?

"Yeah, it is still in the bag. I just wanted to get up and get it," Noah continued lying and I hoped she'd believe him.

Jocelyn nodded and made her way to the big bag we brought to the beach, while I was watching her every move. She grabbed the sunscreen and held it out for Noah. He casually grabbed it and put some of it on his hand, before kneeling down and rubbing it on my back.

He was acting so calm and collected while I was here looking like I'd just seen a ghost. I took a deep breath and tried to relax again. I think it was safe to say Jocelyn hadn't seen anything, or she wouldn't let Noah massage my back right now.

After he was done, Noah put the sunscreen back in the bag and sat back down in the beach chair next to Jocelyn. I knew how I always raved about how I wasn't afraid of anything, but let me tell you that in this moment I was practically shitting myself.

Not only was I almost busted for flashing my boobs in front of Noah, but this could have been the end of everything. Because of something so stupid, just like that.

It could have been the end of my messy relationship, if I could even call it that, with Noah. It could have been the end of my social life if Jocelyn decided to tell the world what we did. It also could've been the end of Noah's career, but besides all of that it also could have meant the end of me and Brandon.

I never really realized before what the consequences of this "thing" between Noah and me could be until now. This wasn't a cute affair we were having, this could seriously destroy so many things if the truth came out.

Realizing all of this made me aware of the fact we had to be far more careful than we already were. One simple mistake and it was over, done with the fun.

And even though I could just end all of it right now, which is probably the best thing to do since this relationship was toxic, I wasn't ready for it to end just yet. I was almost going to get off for college in only a few months time and this might be the last time I can spend time with Noah.

It wouldn't be realistic to think Noah would come and visit me in New York. Him coming by and take me out for dinner in a nice restaurant, maybe even go to the movies after that. It just wasn't going to happen and I was old enough to realize that.

And that is why I wanted to enjoy the time we had together for just a little longer.

imagine Valeria looking at Mr Adams like ^