Chapter 39

That night I didn't get much sleep. I had called Alex and asked him to come over. Him being the sweet person that he is, he came right away. And now we were laying in my bed, side by side. I didn't want him here so he could pity me, but I also really didn't want to be alone.

I was still crying when Alex came to my house. It was like something inside me broke after my conversation with Michael. I didn't want to cry over that son of a bitch, but the truth is that I couldn't stop. Alex obviously had no idea why I was so upset, so I explained him everything.

I told him how I had always wondered about Michael. What he looked like, his personality, if he even knew about my and Rafael's existence... There was no way for blaming Michael for never showing up in our lives if he had no idea we even existed. Finding out that he did know about us, made it so much more painful.

The whole time Alex was being so sweet and I appreciated him so much. The way he was whispering soothing words in my ear really helped me calm down.

"You okay?" he asked when he caught me staring at him. I smiled and nodded, letting him know I was done being an emotional wreck for now.

It was starting to get light outside and I felt guilty for keeping Alex awake with me. He kept saying it wasn't a problem and that he was happy to be with me.

"Have you always been this sweet?" I grinned at him, making him chuckle.

"Not according to my ex girlfriend. She literally referred to me as the devil's spawn. She was a little bit of a drama queen though if you ask me," he winked.

I snored and watched with an amused look on my face. Alex as the devil's spawn? That's an image I'll never be able to imagine.

"Oh yeah? She must've had her reasons then," I teased him.

He shrugged. "I mean, I did break up with her. But in my defense I had very good reason."

I raised my eyebrows in curiosity, waiting for him to continue. 

"I, uh... I broke up with Lily because it wouldn't be fair to her to be with her when I've fallen in love with someone else."

My eyes met his and I knew he was talking about me.

I placed my hand on his neck and leaned towards him. My eyes moved from his eyes to his lips and kissed him. My first kiss with Alex and my belly literally exploded with butterflies. I didn't mean to come off needy when my tongue entered his mouth but literally couldn't help it.

Alex's hand stroked my back carefully but I could tell he wanted this just as bad as I did. Before it could go any further, Alex broke the kiss and even though I immediately missed the warmth of his touch, it was probably for the best what he did.

We were staring in each others eyes with both the biggest grin ever on our faces. This sounds so stupid but my heart literally felt like it was glowing from happiness.

"Tell me about your ex boyfriends," Alex said, wiping the grin off my face. Of course he would want to know about my ex boyfriends at some point, but why did it have to be now?

"His name is Brandon. We don't talk anymore," I mumbled.

"Was is that bad of a break up?"

I shrugged and broke our eye contact. "It was a nasty break up, yeah. I, um.. It was my fault though. Brandon was always really kind to me."

There was no way I could speak bad about Brandon since there was nothing bad to say. He always treated me like an angel and yeah, he has said some pretty nasty shit to me after he found out about me and Noah, but can you really blame him?