Chapter 9

It was Saturday afternoon and I was still at Brandon's place. My mother was working all day anyway and I honestly couldn't care less about what Rafael was doing. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let him sit alone for days, but he was probably with some cheap girls anyway.

Being at Brandon's place just almost made me feel like I was on vacation. His house was almost like a hotel, his mother always cooked the most delicious meals and everyone was just really nice to me.

Okay, that's not completely true.

Mr. Adams hasn't talked to me all day after what happened last night, just like I expected. He hasn't really been around today anyway, busy with work.

Jocelyn asked me if I wanted to join her, Mr. Adams, Brandon and Brandon's grandmother for dinner. I wasn't sure what to say. I mean, of course I wanted to say yes. They made a reservation at Urasawa, not only one of the nicest but also one of the most expensive restaurants in the world.

It's just beyond my imagination to think I'd ever eat at a restaurant like that. I didn't even know there were people who pay so much money for food. I think one of the most expensive things I've ever eaten was a salad at some fancy vegan place. It wasn't expensive like Urasawa though, I think I paid at least $20.

It's not that I only wanted to come for the type of restaurant we would go to. The idea of going out for dinner with Mr. Adams excites me more than it should. He probably didn't even know I was joining them so just imagine the look on his face when he'd see me in this red dress that's just a little too short for his liking.

So even though I didn't know what to answer at first when Jocelyn asked me, I eventually said yes. I just didn't want them to think I used them for the money, because that wasn't the case at all.

Sure I liked their way of living, mostly because it was so different than my way of living, but I never wanted any of this. I fell in love with Brandon because of who he was and not because his family happened to be disgustingly rich.

"Do you want to shower first? Or can I go?" Brandon asked me.

"You go," I smiled.

He nodded and got up from the couch, making his way upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was almost 6pm and I was thinking about calling my mom. I know she's at work but she always has a break around this time. It's worth a try.

After three rings my mom answered the phone.

"Who is this? I don't know a Valeria..."

I rolled with my eyes. "Ha-ha, very funny."

I heard my mother laughing on the other side of the line. "I'm just kidding. I just haven't seen you for so long."

I took a deep sigh and nodded, even though my mom couldn't see that.

"I know and lo siento! I miss you mamá, but I promise we'll do something fun soon, just the two of us."

I felt guilty. I used to see her every day but now that I have a boyfriend and spend most of my time at his place, mostly because of Rafael, I don't get to see my mom that often anymore.

"It's okay honey. Oh, your brother just came home, I've got to go."

I was actually surprised Rafael was home before it was dark outside. Not wanting to think about my brother anymore today, I told my mom goodbye and hung up.

A few moments later, Brandon showed up and told me I could take a shower if I was ready. I headed upstairs, took a quick shower and started getting ready for tonight.

------

We were sitting at a big round table in one of the most amazing places I had ever seen. Brandon was sitting on my left side and Mr. Adams was sitting on my right side. Next to him was sitting Jocelyn and next to her was sitting Brandon's grandmother.

As much as I as wanted to say I seduced Mr. Adams into sitting next to me, I'd be lying when saying that. Jocelyn simply told us all where to sit and it just happened to be him who was being placed on that seat.

Not that it was a problem with me, even though it was a little bit awkward since we haven't said a word to each other after that time he was basically calling me immature child.

Of course I was ready to leave that strange night behind me. He was probably tired from work and that made him say thing he didn't mean. I wasn't sure if he was able to leave it behind him so easily as well, since he looked pretty heated up.

As the night went by, things were pretty relaxed. Everyone was talking to and with each other (except for Mr. Adams and me) and there were no awkward silences whatsoever. Even Brandon's grandmother, who I learned she went by the name of Carol Fitzgerald, was joining the conversations and being social for a change.

Not that I know Carol that well, but the times I did met her, she mostly kept quiet and only spoke up when she disagreed with something. Carol wasn't the most sensitive person I have met, but tonight she was fun.

The waiter showed up behind me and he refilled the wine glasses of Mr. Adams, Jocelyn and Carol. Of course Brandon and I weren't allowed to drink and were innocently drinking our Sprite's.

I secretly hoped Mr. Adams would secretly give me some alcohol again, just like he did a while ago, but I knew according to his mood I'd better stop hoping.

I felt like I had to do something to gain his attention. We were inside of this restaurant for more than two hours now and he still hasn't given me a single glare.

Here I was, thinking he'd eye-fuck me the second he'd see me in this red dress, but he didn't even flinch. At this point I was starting to get a little bit desperate.

Not really sure what to do, I just kind of started flirting with Brandon. While Jocelyn and Carol were having an intense discussion about what to do with Christmas this year, I leaned towards Brandon and whispered something sexual into his ear.

As I sat back straight again, I noticed how turned on Brandon already was and I internally laughed at his hard on. This boy has got to contain himself.

"Oh baby, I think I have to wee. Do you maybe wanna come with me, daddy?" I asked Brandon with an annoying baby voice, just loud enough for Mr. Adams to hear it as well since I just knew he was listening.

Brandon frowned, clearly not getting the whole 'daddy' thing and I just rolled my eyes and stood up. Maybe this whole 'trying to make the father of my boyfriend jealous' thing just isn't for me.

Or at least I thought so, because when I was about to make my way to the restrooms, Mr. Adams stood up and called after me.

"Wait up, I'll go with you!"