Chapter 32

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. The whole morning I have been a nervous wreck and I kept on wanting to change my plans and just not face Noah today. It was bad enough that I was going to do this and the fact that I couldn't tell anyone about it made it even worse. It was my own choice not to tell anyone about my so called interview with Noah, though right now I wish I could call up Tina and ask her for some moral support.

I still had about fifteen minutes left before the interview would actually take place and I was still standing outside the building. If I was going to back down, this was the time. Another bus would pass in a few minutes and all I had to do was hop on it and act like this day never happened. It honestly felt as if I had an angel and the devil on my shoulders. You know, the ones you always see in movies.

The angel was telling me to take the first bus back and never look back, to just forget about Noah and to never waste another minute on him ever again. But the devil is telling me that I deserved closure and the only way I was getting that was by talking to Noah. I've made it this far, so why back down now?

Since I was already going to hell anyway, I obviously chose to listen to the devil on my shoulder and I made my way inside the building. The building was tall and beautiful and from the inside it looked even better. The interior was classic and romantic which surprised me since I always thought of Noah as a modern man. The style kind of reminded me of the Adams residence, the house that I used to call my second home.

I walked over to the reception of the building and a blonde woman in probably her late twenties smiled friendly at me. 'Can I help you?'

'Yeah, my name is Valeria Ramos. I have an interview with Mr Adams at two and I just wanted to know where I have to be,' I said. The woman nodded and asked me for a moment. While she was looking something up on the computer, my eyes fell on her name tag. Isabella, pretty name. Without realizing it, my eyes scanned her face and I came to the conclusion that she was ridiculously pretty. I couldn't help but wonder if Noah had tried anything with her. I shouldn't care though.

'Mr Adams has a meeting right now but you can wait outside of his office. Melinda will take you there,' Isabella said and I thanked her as another blonde came up to me and asked me to follow her. I was standing in the elevator with Melinda and I noticed that once again Noah's employee was gorgeous. Was this his thing? Only hiring blonde and gorgeous women?

I quietly followed Melinda outside the elevator and she stopped in front of what I assumed was Noah's office. 'You can sit and wait here. Mr Adams will come and get you as soon as his meeting ends which should be in a few minutes. Can I offer you a drink in the meantime?' Melinda asked with a polite smile on her face and even though my mouth was as dry as a dessert, I declined her offer. I didn't want a drink, all that I wanted was to get this day over with.

The next couple of minutes were the longest minutes of my life. Even though I was standing behind my decision of coming here didn't mean I had also considered all the things that could go wrong. There was no turning back now and yes, I was nervous as hell but I also knew that I came here for a reason. I wanted to talk with Noah for one last time and get the closure that I have been trying to find ever since Brandon read those text messages on my phone.

I suddenly remembered something Noah had said to me on the plane to Miami. He told me that he didn't think I was scared of anything to which I replied that everyone was scared of something. Well here it is, this was my fear. The fear of losing self control. It was no secret that I've had no control when it came to Noah a few months back but I didn't use to be like that. Way before my relationship with Brandon and way before I even met Noah, being in control was something that I never even considered giving up.