Chapter 24

For once in my life something was actually in my favor.

Okay, that just sounded pathetic but I was actually thrilled about the fact my 18th birthday fell on a Saturday. Even though I wasn't feeling this whole birthday party, I was actually starting to get excited now. 

Almost everyone in senior year was coming and although I didn't know half of them, I was planning on getting wasted anyway so not knowing anybody wouldn't be a big deal. The only problem was that my house was way too small for this and that is why my lovely boyfriend offered to throw the party at his place.

I swear, this boy is way too good for me.

Obviously Noah wasn't feeling this whole party, but he gave us his permission anyway. I don't know, I almost have the feeling like he's starting to get scared of me. Not of me of course, but of what I can say or do to ruin is reputation. After all I did want to tell Brandon the whole truth.

Those were just words though, I don't think I actually had the balls to tell Brandon everything. He would despite me if he knew the truth. Not only me, he would hate his dad as well. 

I quickly checked the time and cursed a little bit when I realized I only had half an hour left before the people arrived. Fortunately the music was blasting already and the backyard was practically transformed into some kind of festival. It looked fucking dope.

When I entered Brandon's room, he was standing in front of a mirror doing his hair and he honestly looked so good. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso from behind. 

"You look so hot," I whispered in his ear. A weak smile appeared on his face and as I expected him to turn around to me, he just continued what he was doing. I frowned a little bit as I made my way to the bathroom and I decided to let this one go.

I looked at myself in the big bathroom mirror and even though I looked cute in my white lace dress, black ankle boots and my hair straightened, I felt like something was missing. My lips turned into a grin as I came up with probably one of the stupidest ideas ever, but before I could even talk myself out of it, I found myself walking up to their room.

Noah was downstairs. I knew that because he wanted to keep an eye on the house when people were coming in. That didn't take away the fact that my heart was beating in my throat when I opened his bedroom door.

My eyes fell on the ridiculously beautiful vanity table where I knew Jocelyn kept all of her jewelry. There was this one golden bracelet she used to wear now and then and I feel like that bracelet would be just the thing to complete my outfit for tonight.

I opened the drawer and looked through all the expensive jewelry for the bracelet, which I found not much later. My heart was still beating like crazy. What if Noah walked in right now? He would totally think I'm a thief or something. Obviously I wasn't a thief, I would kindly return the bracelet to his loving owner once the party is over.

The doorbell rang meaning the first people were arriving now. I took one last glance in the mirror before heading downstairs. Some guys from my class walked inside and they all gave me a kiss on my cheek, pressing envelopes with what I assume was money inside in my hands. As they made their way outside, I couldn't help but check out Noah's face who was clearly watching us.

He looked so annoyed and I was enjoying it so much. I walked passed him and made sure to shake my ass, knowing he'd look.

About an hour later everyone had arrived and the party was in full swing. People were getting drunk, dancing and I swear I even saw a glimpse Mia walking by. With all these people trying to get my attention it was hard to talk to her, but they finally seemed to have given me a break and I walked over to Mia who was standing next to the bar together with Tina.