Rescue

(Edited and changed 2023)

Nick's POV:
My arms were bound with chains hung from the ceiling. I was bound like this everyday since I was taken when I was going to a club with my mates at age 16, I am now 24. I was naked, steadily bleeding out and drenched in water from their earlier waterboarding. After so long the only thing keeping my sanity was the memories of my family.

I miss everyone, my dad, my mum, my little half sister Annabelle, I called her Skittles. We found out she was Dad's daughter after my parents had divorced, she come to the door at age nine with a rucksack and a story that Dad had gotten her mother pregnant, after my parents split, two years before belle was born. I didn't know what to think and neither did dad, so we took a maternity test and it was positive, I had a half sister.

Ever since then we were always together, I dropped her off at school, I picked her up, we hang out with my friends on the streets, I taught her how to fight, how to look for fake emotions and lies on a person's face. I taught her everything to do with the Lucifer's Angels; after a year, I was taken and haven't seen my family or friends again. I hope Belle, mum and dad haven't forgotten me.

I groaned from the pain lowly not wanting the vile guard outside to hear I was conscious and call them back to continue this torture as I tipped my head to the ceiling away from the poor boy's body laying up at me, his fearful eyes locked onto me. I focused on the hook holding me up on my broken toes to avoid looking at him guiltily. It was my fault he was dead.

He was a newly trained member, too young and naive to be a useful one had been left to guard me alone after a miscommunication. Since he started he had been far too sympathetic towards me, flinching and closing his eyes when he could during my torture, apologising for everything once they had left. I thought it was a technique to trick me into talking but months of this and he didn't falter once. He was even beaten unconscious in front of me for talking seconds too long for their liking. He had told me of his brother killed in a car accident with a drunk driver, that I reminded him of that brother. He promised to get me out alive.

He had rushed in with a burner phone he had smuggled in and I gave him Belle's number hoping that her number hadn't changed in 8 years and he typed in the location as the guard partnered with him came through. The disgusting man had laughed as he discovered the boys betrayal as he stuttered excuses. They tortured him for days as he sobbed and cried. He even apologised to me before succumbing to their punishment with a hoarse call of his brother's name being the last thing which left his lips. They tortured me next, forcing me to stare at his face until I lost consciousness. When I woke he was the first thing I saw, they had left him to decompose in front of me.

I prayed for the first time in years the night he died, pleading that he was at peace after reuniting with his brother in the afterlife. I hoped that his valiant efforts were not in vain, that his promise would come true and I would leave this hellhole alive. 

A gunfight echoing from above forced me awake, I swung my head towards the door and cried out as a splitting headache emerged from the sudden movement. Luckily, they had neglected to add anymore guards, deciding that locking me inside in solitude instead was enough. If it was Dad arriving with Anna they would have shot me by now.

The hatched sprung open and a body descended down the rickety ladder, the person gagging from the smell as they turned to me. The person ran toward urgently, walking around the body, reaching to my wrists and swore when she couldn't detach my chains. 

"You're safe now, I promise."

"Who–you?"

"It's me Nicky, it's Skittles." She choked out as tears streamed down her face.

I sobbed, my entire body spasming with pain as I bowed my head in relief whilst I cried.

Male voices joined the commotion above and soon another person, this time a man dropped down, rushing towards me. 

"Son." He breathed and all I could do is cry, nodding my head despite the blistering pain. "Let's get you home."

They released me, the metal clanging against the floor like a gong sounding as they held me up, they covered me in an oversized blanket that Dad had brought with him before moving towards the hatch.

"Way–Wait. He–Harry–He saved–" I looked back at his body as I took ragged breathes.

"We'll bury him with our men." Dad vowed, understanding my dilemma.

I was lifted up the ladder was pulled up by multiple careful hands.

I flinched and covered my eyes sobbing at the sight of the piled bodies, all of them reminded me of poor Harry as I was carried out of the base.

"You're safe Nick." was the last thing I heard as I collapsed in the car towards the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Nick is going home.
I wonder what they are going to do to Max.