Together

Sorry this is short

_hello_hi

•  •  •  •  •  • 

Anna's POV:

Two days. Two whole days. Hardly any food and water. This isn't good for feeding a flipping cockroach let alone two adults and an unborn developing baby.

This hair pin is really irritating me now. Hair pin! I'm so bloody stupid.

I whispered to Colton, "Can you get the bobby pin out of my hair?" He nodded and pulled one out and gave it to me.

I took Colton's handcuffs and began to unlock it. Thank you uncle Dante for teaching me this. It gave a slight click and I took it off quietly before it alerted the guards with the noise. Colton did the same to mine; taking a bit longer but managed.

"I'll kick the door, you take out the guards," I whispered.

I didn't bother unlocking the door as the lock was to big for a bobby pin to work. I ran and Karate kicked the door open. My foot was throbbing and I hopped on the other trying to get some feeling back. I think I've broken it.

Colton had knocked out the guards so we took their guns just as the alarm went off. I ran slightly behind Colton hopefully towards the exit when a voice yelled.

"Don't move or I'll shoot." The older blonde shouted over the voices of the gang and a loud shout from Dad. Took them long enough.

"You won't." Colton spat.

"Try me." The guy countered.

He pointed his gun and shot Colton in the chest. It went silent and everything changed so it seemed like it was in slow motion.

Colton fell to the floor. I pressed my palms against the mangled flesh, to try to stop the bleeding but there was so much blood - dark crimson, with a discreet, metallic scent. It cascaded across his skin, right through the my finger tips, it stained the both of us in the monstrous substance. 

"Colton, keep your eyes open." I begged.

His eyes fluttered.

"No! Colt, Keep your bloody eyes open! Please, babe; I need you." I beg.

"Anna..." He gasped out.

"No. Don't talk just stay awake, please." I said.

"Anna, it's my time to g-go...."

"N-no...Colton. D-don't say that." I begged cradling his head in my lap.

"D-don't...forget me..." He breathed shakily.

"Don't talk like that. You...you're going to live." I say crying.

He caressed my left check shakily.

"I'm not going to make it Anna..."

"Yes you are... Stay strong please, I need you. We need you..." I place his right hand on my stomach.

"Stay strong, you are getting out of here. Both of us. Together, just like we said." I vowed.

"Baby...live for me...I love yo..." He started but stopped.

"I love you too." I kissed him tenderly.

He coughed feebly and breathed heavily before taking his last breathe.

"NO, Colton! Baby...please come back" I rested our forehead together sobbing.

I stroked his face and move some strand of hair away from his angelic face. I closed his eye lids carefully but just hugged his limp body. I was pulled back and away from my Colton.

"NO! NO! LET GO!" I screamed thrashing from the strong hold that took me away from my boyfriend.

"Shh...Anna...he's gone. He's gone" Dad whispered.

"No! Let go!" I thrashed around.

I ran back to Colton's limp body when Dad's grip loosened slightly. I sobbed stroking his head and hugging his bloodied, red body to my chest.

"You can't leave me." I whispered.

"You can't leave us..." I whispered almost silently.

I held my stomach as I straightened up.

Dad had to man-handle me out of the building as I thrashed around and cried hysterically. I had just lost him, I didn't want to leave him in the building. Lying down like a lifeless mannequin with his blood seeped through his shirt like a morbid abstract canvas and his eyes soulless, never to see again. The pain was a constant ache in my chest, a reminder of all that we had shared together and everything we had lost, what our baby will never experience with its father. He was supposed to be there with us, to support us, to live with us. 

Only me and you now. Only you; baby.