Old friends

Anna's POV:
I was at school talking to Sam, Chloe and Jordan. I'm still taking time away from Colton. We've been through so much together that it is so weird to not have him with me. I stayed with him for two years whilst he was in juvy, everything was fine until he joined school, after being refused entry to his old school to protect its high reputation, and meeting Brooke. I had thought that Brooke wouldn't stoop so low to ruin someone else's relationship, especially if they were engaged but I guess not. I should never of had that stupid party.

"I miss him," I admit to them.

"Belle, I know you want space and everything so be strong and ignore him. It's the best thing if you figure you're ideas about the whole thing first before going up to him and blowing up in his face."

I nodded in agreement, I do miss him but I do need to sort out myself first. We've been through so much together, he helped me adjust to life away from the abuse from living with my mother, Nick being missing and the loss of Marie. He makes me a better person by pushing me to be the best version of myself at everything I do; schoolwork, gang related or in my personal life. He's great with Elle when he's with her, he gets on well with my dad and Nick as well as my friends. He's the only person I can think of being my second-in-command for the Lucifer's Angels, he helps me run everything; rivals, members, training, allies, he organises it all with me. He's always sweet to me whenever we're alone, spontaneous dates to all of my favourite places or just spending time watching films or talking about anything and everything.

The whole room began silent before bursting into rushed conversation.
"When did the nerd have a sister?"
"They are hot!" Girls exclaimed.
"I'll tap that." horny guys wolf whistled.

I was so consumed with trying to spot who everyone was talking about that I didn't see people walk up to us until I was trapped into a giant hug.

"Hey sis," Izzy said once she let go.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned hugging her again.

Izzy explained that she had transferred to the school and was in our year. She didn't tell me she was even thinking of joining school, she was taking online school so she could catch up to our year because of her lack of an education when she was with our biological mother.

"Dad told me to keep it a secret, you're stuck with me for the whole day now."

"And I was thinking I'd gotten rid of you." I teased, she faked being hurt and wiped a fake tear away.

I had been so busy talking to Izzy that I had forgotten that I had been attacked by more than one person.

"Oh my God guys, it's been so long!" I looked at some gang members who had been in our base in Australia.

"Missed us?" One questioned with a sly smirk and before I could reply she flipped her hair, "Of course you did, who can't miss this face?" I laughed alongside the others. Sam and Jordan hugged them and Chloe just stood there awkwardly.

"Guys, this is Chloe." I side hugged her.

They all introduced themselves and we talked for the rest of lunch about what's been happening here and they told us about Australia. Let's just say they were all furious about Brooke, I had to make them promise not to kill her whilst they were here.

"I need to see a teacher about an assignment, see you next lesson?" Chloe said and I nodded and hugged her when the others said "bye" or "see ya," Colton started to came over, then I remembered he was still my second in command.

"I think I need a new second," I said when Colton was in ear shot. Yes, I was being petty, I know how much that position means to him and how much work he put in as part of the job but honestly I need space from him. They all nodded, "I'm thinking Nick, I just need to tell him."

"They at least know what that bastard did right?" One of them asked,

"Nope, they'll probably want to kill him though." Colton nervously made his way over and for some reason the whole canteen went silent, even the dinner ladies. Everyone pays a high price for gossip.

"Hi guys." He coughed awkwardly when no one replied. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Why?" I replied icily but inside I was being crushed.

"Please," he practically begged.

"Fine, see ya in a bit guys." I waved and followed Colton outside.

Everyone's eyes on us as we made our way out but thankful no one followed.

Colton's POV:
I hate that no one that believes that I cheated is talking to me but not even being able to go near Belle is killing me. I miss her voice, her smile, her laugh, everything about her. It's worse that when I was in Juvy because now I can see her everyday in lessons and in the corridor but can't go to her, not because of visitation schedules and rules but because she doesn't know the truth.

Brooke is not making things any easier, even after I threatened her and Rick, Freddie, Joe and Josh had also got involved she still won't leave me alone and tries to go near me and even kiss or touch me whenever she can. I know that I promised God and my parents, especially my mama that I would never hit a girl until it was self defence or to protect others from harm, she is very close from crossing the line of my patience.

"What?" Anna said blankly crossing her hands.

"I need to tell you the truth about the party."

"You got drunk and slept with Brooke when we were engaged." Anna snapped  putting emphasis on 'were'.

I would never do that Belle, you know me. I just needed to protect you. Please don't believe that.

I shook my head and sighed.

"I was drunk but I did not sleep with her." I said raising my voice.

"Really. You kissed and danced with her though," she said tapping her foot impatiently.

I didn't want to Belle, believe me. I hate the bitch.

"Not willingly Belle. She was blackmailing me with your safety." Anna looked at me in confusion. "I never wanted to do it, I swear, I would never do that to you. I love you." I state sincerely.

"What do you mean Colt? Blackmailing you how?" Anna questioned.

How do I even begin to start to explain what Brooke was willing to allow what was going happen to her? I feel sick just thinking about it, I'm forever grateful that it didn't actually happen. After what she's been through with her mother and Isabelle I don't know how she'd handle it.

"Look, Colton, if you're just going to stall for time I'm leaving." Belle began to leave.

"She was going to have Kaiden and the rest of the MountRidge High football team rape you Belle." I explain before she re-entered the school building.

She stopped dead in her tracks like a dear in the headlights. She turned round to face me.

"What?" She seemed said in shock.

Her voice was quiet with clear shock in her speech compared to her usual tone. It was as if she had to make sure no one heard her question it in fear of their reactions. I began telling her the entire events of the night beginning when she left to get more drinks. She continued to have an indifferent expression as I told her what happened.

"Alex, please believe me..."

"I do Colt, I can see you're telling me the truth. I just– I need time."

Then she turned and left. I went inside and punched the nearest locker leaving a dent. I need to earn her trust again, I can't believe I was so stupid and threw away the best thing in my life because of Brooke. I need to do something big to get Anna to trust me again.