Chapter Seven

You stared out the windshield with unseeing eyes, hoping that the hotel was not far away in fear that you would fall asleep on Reid's watch once again. The movement of the car and the little bumps tried to lull you into sleep, but you fought back, running over more details of the case in your head in an attempt to be fully prepared to help the BAU more.

Within twenty minutes, Spencer and you arrived at the hotel. As he unlocked the car doors, his phone began to ring and he hastily answered the incoming call.

"Hey Hotch. Yeah, Agent (Y/L/N) is with me. She is staying at the same hotel we are."

Interesting, you noted. He didn't mention that she would apparently be sharing a room with Dr. Reid. You didn't take offense, just found it odd that he wouldn't fully explain the situation to his team leader.

"Ah. I'll let her know. Let me know if you can think of anything you need from either of us. I will check in with Agent (Y/L/N) later, I think she is sick."

"Yes. Okay. Thanks."

Spencer ended the call on this note, continuing his previous motion to exit the car. You did the same, following him, trusting that he was taking care of whatever needed to be done for the next few hours. You just needed rest. After Spencer had noted that you had a fever, you had become hyper-aware of it, and felt achey and cold. You couldn't wait to have a bed to sleep in tonight, one that wasn't in the midst of peril and uncertainty.

You were content to let Spencer lead you through the entrance of the hotel to the elevator, watching him quietly as he selected the second floor. You felt weak and light-headed. When the elevator doors opened, you shuffled behind him until he reached the door, where you leaned against the wall while he unlocked the room with his keycard. With a deep breath, you pushed yourself off of the wall and through the doorway, surveying the room that lay before you.

Shit. There's only one bed. You began to feel hotter and hotter, hoping that this was a mistake, that they were actually one room over. Preferably in a room that had two beds.

You realized there was a small sofa, and felt a small amount of relief. You walked directly to it, falling into the sofa before your mind could process that you were supposed to sit. You closed your eyes, black spots swarming your vision.

Am I going to pass out? You thought with panic. The black spots moved in and out of your vision, and you tilted your head back in an attempt to quell them.

Please, stop. You wished to yourself. Before you could will yourself to stay conscious any longer, the black spots expanded and flooded your vision entirely, everything going dark and then pitch black.

When you came to, Spencer was once again kneeling down to look at you. "You are likely very dehydrated Agent... I mean (Y/F/N)." He held a water bottle out to you, and you gingerly took it from his hands. "Please drink all of this. I will shower in a little while; I don't want to leave in case you faint again."

You felt so utterly helpless as you twisted the cap off of the water bottle and brought it to your lips. You drank it all in minutes, taking long droughts between deep breaths. You assured Spencer that you felt much better, which wasn't entirely truthful or dishonest. You felt a bit better, and no longer dizzy, but still so weak. You nodded at him with vigor as he asked if it was alright for him to leave you alone for a bit to shower and change.

He walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. A minute or two later, you heard the water starting, and allowed the monotonous sound to bring sleep to you. You pulled your legs up underneath you and leaned on one side of the couch, falling asleep immediately after. It felt like only a few seconds had passed when you felt that same gentle shaking of your shoulder, and a hushed whisper. "(Y/F/N)?" Spencer queried. You opened your eyes once again, looking at Spencer standing there in a towel, hair dripping onto the floor. Without processing what you were about to say, you quipped "We are both going to have fevers if you don't dry your hair. It's freezing in here..."

Spencer quickly averted his gaze, embarrassed to be beheld by you in his soaked state. He blushed a bit, but you were too exhausted to feel shy. You felt almost delirious from the fever that was quickly rising, and motioned for Spencer to come closer. His feet planted, he inclined his torso towards you, leaning in ever so slightly. "My head hurts." You whispered to him, as if you were telling him a secret.

Spencer couldn't decide how to feel; he was worried that you may be becoming delirious, but also found your unabashed state.... Intoxicating?

***

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think; All the votes and comments make me so happy and excited to write more  :)