Chapter Eleven

Being with him? You don't even know him. You just know he's an agent. You reprimanded yourself, trying to shake it off of your conscience.

As Spencer got ready for the day, you looked at your phone's screen. No new messages. No messages to send. You couldn't wait to receive silly texts from your friends again at 1 am, asking you if you were game to go out to just one nightclub. Your friends knew how to bring your fun side out, even though it was used to staying hidden in favor of the studious, serious side. You needed them to push you out of your comfort zone a bit, sometimes.

Soon, you and Spencer were walking out of the hotel room and heading down to the lobby in the elevator. You were going back into the police station that you had been in last night to help the BAU assemble a profile. When you stepped out of the elevator, you heard a low whistle.

Flushed, you snapped your head around. There was a tall, handsome man, looking right at you and Spencer.

"Well, Pretty Boy. Looks like you've made a new friend, huh?" The man flashed you a coy smile, and you couldn't help but smiling back a little bit. Was he implying something... sexual? Surely not. Especially not if he was an agent. Right?

"Morgan! This is Agent (Y/F/N). She was the undercover agent in the ring we busted yesterday. We are about to head to the station to get her help with the profile." Spencer retorted.

Morgan raised his eyebrows and held his hands up defensively. "Well excuse me. Nice to meet you, Agent." Morgan shot Spencer a look after shaking your hand and giving you a wink. You had to admit, he was pretty smooth. You felt yourself about to start giggling at his forwardness and perfectly timed glances, but did your best to remain professional.

"Since we are all going to the same place, how about I give you two a ride?" Morgan offered.

Spencer narrowed his eyes a bit before agreeing, and the two men were soon leading you out to the parking lot. You noticed that Spencer kept eyeing you as you walked along. When you got into the car, he sat in the back seat with you.

You leaned over a bit, whispering, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Spencer answered. "I'm just making sure you are okay. Although your fever broke, you can still suffer from post-fever dehydration, weakness, and general exhaustion."

You nodded at him with a sincere smile before buckling your seatbelt.

At the station, you, Spencer, and Morgan walked to the conference room. What you assumed was the rest of the Behavioral Analysis Unit was gathered around the table, talking amongst each other, spit balling ideas around. The head of the table, the agent you remembered Spencer had called Agent Hotchner, gave a curt nod when you walked in.

"Agent (Y/L/N). Glad to see you are feeling better. You will be a great help in creating and presenting this profile."

You nodded back, prepared to get to work. The team started asking you questions in rapid succession, and you did your best to give thorough, complete, detailed answers, being sure to stress what you knew would be the most helpful in finding the ring leader that had orchestrated so many monstrosities in this world. You analyzed his actions, the few conversations you had with him, the stories you had heard from the other men. Agent Hotchner seemed impressed with your ability to reason through the man's behaviors, agreeing with almost every point you made. In a few hours, the team was ready to present the profile to the police force, piquing the need to catch the leader immediately.

*****

Happy Tuesday! I'm posting this between reading/studying and really hope you all enjoy it/vote/leave comments to help break the monotony of my school work :)