Chapter Twelve

You helped present a few personal points to the force, being concise and well spoken to get your point across well. You were admittedly impressed by the team and how well they did their jobs. The teamwork between them was admirable; they all fit together so well, it made you long for that kind of relationship. You had missed human contact and real, healthy relationships. A part of you ached to stay right in that moment, working as a team with such intelligent and hard-working people.

After presenting the profile, the team reconvened in the meeting room. Morgan unlocked an iPad and answered an incoming video call, presumably from a satellite agent. You weren't expecting the glowing, ecstatic woman dressed in all pink that appeared on the screen.

"Hi handsome!" she began with. You raised your eyebrows in surprise, instinctively looking for the reaction on Morgan's face.

"What can I do for you on this fine evening?" she continued.

"Hey baby girl, we need you to help us out with finding someone." You had to suppress a giggle at the brashness of the two people's conversation. Out of the corner of your eye, you caught Reid staring at you, searching your face like you had been searching Morgan's: for a reaction. Your dorky smile made his lips turn up at the corners ever so slightly, and then he refocused his attention on to the woman on the iPad.

"Garcia," Reid spoke up, "We are looking for an unsub in their thirties. White, male, someone who is well connected. This unsub relies on cell phones and the Internet to conduct much of his business with people outside of his inner circle, so he may have multiple identities to protect against recognition."

As Reid spoke, the woman typed away quickly on her computer.

Reid continued feeding Garcia more information and she responded with more typing and quips. Once settling one a short list of names, Spencer asked Garcia to send over some pictures and then beckoned you to join him by the iPad to take a look.

"Oh, HI! Who are you? Are you the undercover wonder woman Reid was talking about yesterday?" Garcia said with excitement.

You blushed a bit and made an awkward waving movement with your hand, obviously not very experienced with the world of video chatting.

"I'm Agent (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N). I wish I was Wonder Woman!" You responded with a laugh.

Garcia smiled back widely over your enthusiasm, obviously pleased that you weren't too hesitant about her bubbly demeanor.

You peered over Reid's shoulder to look at the pictures Garcia had sent over. None of the photographs struck a note with you; you couldn't recognize any of them.

You hummed in thought. "I- I don't recognize any of these men. I'm sorry." You tried not to sound too upset but you knew that your voice conveyed the disappoint you had in yourself for not being able to help further.

Reid craned his head up to make eye contact with you. "Don't feel bad, (Y/F/N). If any of these men are the unsub, he probably looks drastically different whenever he plans on coming into contact with those in the trafficking circle... if he even made an appearance at all."

You nodded back, and Garcia pipped up in the background.

"Don't worry Wonder Woman, I will continue the search! I'm a superhero too, you know." Garcia smiled again.

She was so happy. You wondered how she stayed that happy in a job like this.

***

Hey everyone! I am SO sorry it's been so long since I last updated. I have been crazy busy lately but I promise to write as much as I can. I hope you guys enjoy :)