Chapter Fifteen

Before you could open your mouth to counter him, you saw a glint of silver and the butt of the man's gun connected with your temple.

When you opened your eyes once more, you were completely disoriented and couldn't feel your arms. You were in an upright position, and as the cloudiness dissipated from your mind you began to understand that you were hanging from your wrists, bound by a chain suspended from the ceiling.

Your head ached and you felt the caked blood on your forehead where the gun had hit you. Before you could further process your situation, you felt hands on your waist. Your blood ran cold and you were unable to move a muscle.

"This is definitely your most flattering angle." You heard the man's voice come from behind you as his hands groped your stomach and hips. You were intensely nauseated. As soon as he took a small step back, you jerked your feet backwards and up. You heard him grunt in pain and he walked around to the front of you, slapping you hard across the face to reprimand you. Tears gathered in the corners of your eyes.

"All these years selling women and I have never given myself the chance to have one all my own." He mused as he looked you over smugly.

You gritted your teeth in pain, preparing to say something.

"Yeah, what are you going to do? Obviously you don't have it in you. You have to get off watching other men do what you wish you could to women." You knew that you were playing a dangerous game, but you thought it would be the best way to sidetrack him. With every breath, you hoped that the BAU would enter the room, ready to end this.

The man slapped you again, even harder. You could feel the bruising that you knew would inevitably blacken your face and eyes. It stung, but your adrenaline was racing, and you were too numb to care about the physical aspect of pain. You focused on steeling yourself mentally. That was what was important right now, you assured yourself.

Grunting from the pain of hitting you so hard, the man shook his hand and then eyed your blouse intensely. You knew what was coming next.

He began to unbutton your shirt slowly, savoring the pain he knew it was causing you internally to be so vulnerable. When he raised his head to look at the expression in your face, you spit directly into his eyes.

He was becoming furious, and wrapped his hand around your neck instinctively, choking you. You gasped for breath, squirming with your hands above your head and hoping that every second of physical torture would be worth it so long as you could avoid what he really wanted.

Images of previous trafficking crime scenes flashed through your mind with rapid intensity as the oxygen in your lungs decreased. You saw the dead look in the eyes of the young women, the corpses left behind by the sexual sadists, the years of abuse.

Without warning, the man stopped choking you. You breathed in with force, trying to suck in as much air as you could in fear that it would be the last time you ever did. You knew that you were delaying the unsub's end game and frustrating him more and more.

I'm not going to die here. You told yourself, trying to regulate your breathing as best you could before he made his next move.

He ripped the front of your shirt open this time, not bothering with the buttons. Your bare stomach was exposed and he roughly unbuttoned your jeans and tore them off of you. You thought your wrists were going to separate from the rest of the body with the force he used and were blinded momentarily by the pain.

Don't give him what he wants. Don't show that you are vulnerable. Be strong.

You looked straight at the unsub with an unwavering stare. For a few seconds, he met your eyes but then turned away rapidly, obviously irritated that you were not reacting the way he imagined you would.

You sneered at him. "Now what? Give it up. Not all men can get it up, you know."

You felt as if you were having an out of body experience when you heard the words you were saying echo in the dark room. Was that really my voice?

"Shut the fuck up!" The unsub was enraged, and pulled a knife from the waistband of his pants. You eyed it warily, but tried to not let any fear shine through your eyes as he brandished the weapon.

"I'll show you what a real man can do, you dumb bitch!"

Your lip curled again, driving him over the edge. He waved the knife at you again, and began to step closer to you. Every part of you hoped intensely that the police, the FBI, someone would be there soon.

The unsub began preaching to you, knife still in hand. "If I wasn't man enough then how did I create such a successful ring? It was all ME! You think you know me, all you women are the same!"

You knew what was going to happen next. The unsub was dangerously close, and you could see him shaking in frustration and anger. You heard a door bust open as you watched him jam the knife into your stomach.

Blackness surrounded you once more. 

***

Sick me = lazy Friday night = lots of writing! Enjoy!