Chapter Eight

Spencer nodded slowly, grabbing some clothes from an unzipped suitcase on the floor, and slipped back into the bathroom quickly. When he came back out, his hair was still damp, but he was now clothed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. You were envious of his comfy attire, becoming acutely aware that you were going to be subjected to sleep in jeans. Spencer noticed you looking over his loungewear, and went back to the opened suitcase, pulling another pair out. He held them out to you, silently understanding your discomfort. You reached for them and pulled them in close, sighing in relief.

"Being in jeans hurts after a while" you said, wishing you could just shut your mouth instead of letting every thought slip out.

Spencer smiled a bit. "Mhm. I prefer sweatpants, too."

You giggled giddily as you tried to sit up from your curled position on the couch. It took some effort on your part, but somehow you made it up onto your feet. Spencer watched you warily, wandering if you were alright to be on your own. You took a tender step forward, still a bit unsettled from your earlier fainting spell. Spencer shot out his arm quickly, giving you a brace against gravity. You put your palm on his arm for a few seconds, before stretching your back a bit and walking into the bathroom slowly. You shut the door and immediately began to disrobe. You couldn't wait to put on something that felt so soft.

Tossing your jeans into the corner, you slipped the sweats on. You pulled them up to your hips, pulling the drawstrings tighter and loosely tying them to help keep them sitting on you correctly. As soon as they were on, you reopened the bathroom door.

"I'm freezing," you said aloud.

So whiny. You thought. He probably thinks I am completely incapable of doing anything. Ugh.

Before you could continue reprimanding yourself, Spencer pulled the comforter on the hotel bed down, gesturing you into it. You shook your head hard, no. "It's your bed, Spencer. It's your room. You sleep there. You already gave me the clothes off your back." You started giggling again.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"I think you are a bit delirious from an increase in your fever." Spencer answered.

Shit. I said that out loud?

You became a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I can't shut up and pull it together..."

Spencer seemed both amused and a bit concerned. "It's okay, (Y/F/N). That is a normal reaction to a mid to high-grade fever. You really need to rest." Again, he gestured to the bed. You drew a bit closer, looking at him earnestly. He looked back at you for a few seconds before averting his eyes once again.

Your knees still felt weak, and you sat on the edge of the bed. "I am definitely not letting you sleep on the couch. It's tiny, and not even that comfortable."

You stared hard at the empty spot on the opposite side of the bed. You and Spencer both felt uncomfortable, but were both so tired. Spencer lowered himself down to sit on the bed as well, and you pulled your feet into the bed, shoving them under the covers as fast as you could. Your feet were so cold. They felt almost brittle. You rubbed them together against the sheets, trying to create some warmth from the friction. Spencer immediately picked up on how cold and uncomfortable you were, and searched with his eyes for a heating unit in the room. There wasn't one, unfortunately, and he sighed, feeling bad that he couldn't help you more.

"What's wrong?" you asked Spencer.

"There is no heating unit in the room. Many hotel rooms come standard with a small heater that allows the customer to choose his or her ideal temperature."

You nodded at his answer, smiling at how he always made such logical sense.

***

Happy Monday!! Thank you for all the comments on the last chapter :)