XXV. You snore like a pig in a barn

Here we are
on the road together
Racing time
You and I

2 weeks have passed since Nate was brought to the hospital. Hanggang ngayon, hindi padin siya gumigising. Apparently, he's in coma. The doctor said that he's really lucky considered the fact that the bullet didnt affect or ruin any important nerve in his brain, the doctor even said that he can eventually go back to his usual lifestyle, that is if he wakes up offcourse but knowing Nate, he would not give up that easily. I know he'll take every chance to fight for his life. I snapped out of my reverie when I heard the door swung open, revealing  Chloe.

Forlorn was written all over her face. I can tell by looking at her eyes that she has been crying her self to sleep. I got up from my seat at kumuha ako ng tubig saka ko ito inabot kay Chloe. She turned her gaze on me and gave me a faint smile. I sighed. Im not actually good at making people feel better, specially at a time like this but I still have to try.

"Do you want anything? Perhaps something to eat?" Malumanay na alok ko kay Chloe

She shook her head in reply.

I sigh. "Come on Chlo, you have to eat something. Nate wouldnt be pleased if he wakes up seeing you this way."

A deep sigh escaped through her lips before she answered me. "Thanks for your concern Blue. But I dont really have an appetite right now. Anyway thanks for being with Nate for the last 12 hours. I think you need to rest, Arch will probably be here soon."

"No, it's okay. I'll stay until he gets here."

She gently nodded. The room was filled with silence, until Chloe finally said something.

"Blue?" Mahinang tanong neto

"Ano yun?" I replied nonchalantly

"D-do you really think he'll wake up?" She said with a shaky voice

I gave her a reassuring smile before answering. "Offcourse. I mean, you of all people must know that. Come on, he's our Nate you know he's strong and we know he can't leave you so Im guessing that he's probably on his way back to us, we just have to wait. And besides,  his doctor said that he's out of danger already and we just have to wait for him to wake up."

"But why is it taking so long Blue? I-I can't stand seeing him like this. With that tube on his mouth and those bandages in his head-- gosh it hurts so bad."  Chloe blurted out weeping

I immediatley went to Chloe and gave her a hug, tears escaping my eyes. I know that this is very painful for  every one, but I just cant imagine the pain that Chloe was feeling right now. It's just heartbreaking for me to see both of my friends in this situation.

"I probably dont know half of the pain youre feeling right now Chlo, but one thing's for sure. You have to be strong for him. We have to believe that he can and he will wake up."

Before Chloe can say anything. Arch and other members of T.H.O. barged in.

"Hey" Bati ko kay Arch

"Hey. Thanks for staying with Nate for the past hours."

I smiled at him and patted his back. "Offcourse. You guys are like brothers to me."

He sighed as his gaze went straight to his brother.

"I just hope he wakes up soon."

Pinisil ko ang kamay ni Arch. "He will. Just have faith."

Nagpaalam na ako sa mga tao sa kwarto at saka lumabas. I checked the time sa wrist watch na suot ko.

It was already 5:00 pm. Minabuti ko nang magmadali dahil dadaan pa ako ng dorm bago ako umuwi. Weekend kasi ngayon kaya bibisitahin ko si mom. Nang makababa ako sa unang palapag ng hospital, I stopped nang magkasalubong kami ni Alex.