♂ Epilogue ♀

But if were strong enough
to let it in
Were strong enough
to let it go

THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN IN THIRD PERSON

"Where are you going?" Reggie's tears continuously flowed down her cheeks as she watched her bestfriend put her luggages at the back of her mini van.

Ahliv sighed saka siya lumapit sa matalik na kaibigan. She squeezed Reggie's hands before she wipped the tears on her bestfriend's cheeks. "It's best kung hindi ko na sasabihin sayo kung saan ako pupunta. Kapag malaman mo then there will be a reason for you to lie everytime na tatanungin ka ni Alex and I dont want to put you in that situation."

"Kelan ka babalik?" Mahinang tanong ni Reggie sa kaibigan. Hindi niya mapigilan na mainis dahil wala siyang magawa para pigilan ang kaibigan niyang umalis, after all Ahliv need it so bad.

Panandalian namang natigilan si Ahliv dahil sa tinanong sakanya ni Regina. She clasped the small purse that she's wearing na naglalaman ng mga documents niya including her passport. Will I ever go back? Tanong niya din sa sarili niya. Siguro, kapag dumating na ang araw na tanggap na nila parehas ni Alex ang sitwasyon nila maari siyang bumalik but as of now she's not sure when she'll come back or if she will return at all. She's not sure kung kaya ba niyang makagetover mula sa nararamdaman niya para kay Alex. Her love for him was just too strong at bago pa lumala ang lahat she needs to let go.

"I- don't know." Ahliv said in a very soft voice, preventing her voice from breaking due to the lump that she's now feeling on her throat.

Reggie's hand balled into a fist as she prevents herself from cursing. It's happening all over again, her bestfriend is leaving again pero this time walang kasiguraduhan kung babalik pa ito. It breaks her heart to send off Ahliv like this specially if she basically wants to beg her to stay but she know she couldnt. Alam niyang kailangan ito hindi lang ni Ahliv kundi pati na din ni Alex.

"Please-- come back. You have to. Even if it takes long, please." Reggie begged, finally unclenching her fists.

"I'll try." Maikling sagot ni Ahliv. Mahina padin ang boses nito gawa ng pagpigil nito sa sariling umiyak.

Reggie cursed and pulled Ahliv's figure closer to her, giving her bestfriend one last hug bago ito umalis. "It's good enough for me to hear that you'll try." Reggie said, her voice shaking as she continued to hug Ahliv tightly.

Di na napigilan ni Ahliv ang pagpatak ng luha mula sa kanyang mga mata. She never thought that it will be this hard to say goodbye. She thought that letting go of Alex was hard but she never thought that leaving her friends whom she considered her family will be much harder. It felt as if her heart was being torn down into tiny little pieces knowing that she wont be able to say goodbye to the rest of her friends dahil hanggang ngayon pinili niyang wag ipaalam sa kanila ang tungkol sa sitwasyon nila ni Alex. She didnt want them to worry at isa pa she couldnt face them dahil baka di niya kayaning umalis pa.

"I'm sorry" Ahliv whispered as her tears fall down Reggie's shoulders leaving a dark splotch on the white shirt that she's wearing. "Im sorry for leaving this way."

"Don't." Mahinang sabi ni Reggie. "Don't be sorry Ahliv. We both know you need this. I understand and I'm sure the rest of our friends will."

The words that Reggie said echoed through Ahliv's heart at pakiramdam niya'y paulit ulit na dinudurog ang puso niya dahil dito. She never thought Reggie will understand.

"Thankyou for understanding Reg."

"Take care of yourself Liv." Reggie whispered once again as they pull apart.