o8

"Are you sure that's him?" Dean questioned, watching a man look through his fridge

"Are you sure that's him?" Dean questioned, watching a man look through his fridge. He had to be about the most ordinary man Dean had ever seen. However, the hunter knew better than to judge someone by first appearance.

"Only James Montgomery in town." Sam shrugged.

"Seems like a normal fella." Harley commented, leaning on her palm.

"Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird. So he can't be very normal." Sam suggested handing binoculars back to Harley.

"Alright well I've seen big weird, little weird, weird with crazy on top," Dean glanced back at the colorful haired girl who winked. "But this guy? I don't know he's just plain boring."

The three then watched in disgust as said "normal fella" began feeding on any meat he could find - raw and all. After chomping through half of a ground beef container, the man stopped almost as if he realized what he was doing. As if someone snapped him out of a trance.

"I'd say that qualifies as weird."

☼☼☼

Once the trio finally gave up on trying to figure out just what the hell was wrong with James Montgomery, they returned back to their room. Harley groaned, lugging her suitcase across the parking lot.

"I'm surprised I don't have arms of steel after all this moving." She huffed, heels clicking against the pavement.

"Oh quit your blubbering." Dean grinned. "Shoot, can you go back to Baby and get my gun from the glove box." He asked after patting his pockets. Harley pursed her lips, giving the older Winchester a look before turning around to walk back to the impala. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean unlocked the door to their room coming face to face with an old friend they weren't expecting.

"Travis!" Dean spoke as the hunter in front of him took a sip of his beer. "See, Sam told you we shoulda had that beer."

"Smart-ass. Get over here." Travis laughed pulling the two brothers into a hug. "Good to see ya. Man, you got tall kid."

"You too Travis." Sam chuckled.

"Been too long boys. I mean look at ya! Grown men." Travis exclaimed. "John woulda been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this."

"Nothing more important than family." Dean grinned, an anterior motive behind his words. An abrupt bang turned the three hunters attention to the door where Harley Quinn stood, bat per her shoulder. "And unexpected friends."

"Hey guys!" She smiled bright, strutting into the room. Travis' eyes widened, taking in the bizarre appearance of Harley.

"And who might this be?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the two brothers.