christmas special

Christmas with Sam and Dean was about as far from festive as anyone could get

Christmas with Sam and Dean was about as far from festive as anyone could get. Their idea of a Christmas tree was the scented tree that hung from the impala's rear view mirror. Harley Quinn, however, had drastically different plans on how to spend their first Christmas together. Sam and Dean were waiting impatiently while said Quinn was shuffling through a nearby thrift shop to find anything festive that would set a Christmas mood. Dean sighed watching her through the clear store windows as she emerged the top half of her body into a large box.

"Jesus, how much time is she gonna spend shuffling through worthless crap." Dean grumbled, rubbing his eyes. The three had been awake for god knows how long and the Winchester brothers didn't have too much patience bottled up to sit in a parking lot for an hour that could be spent in bed.

"Eh, let her celebrate. I mean this is Harley we're talking about, it's nice to see her genuinely happy over something that isn't beating someone senseless." Sam reasoned shrugging his shoulders.

"Well she can be genuinely happy back at the motel where we can sleep." Dean looked over his shoulder, not seeing the light in the situation.

Sam pursed his lips, turning his head to the side to see a very happy Harley Quinn skipping across the empty parking lot. He couldn't help but chuckle when Harley jumped in the air yelling 'Christmas' loud enough for everyone within a mile radius to hear. At the sound of her yell, Dean turned his head. Instead of his eyes going to Harley's smiling face like Sam's did, Deans eyes immediately landed on the large box she held in her hands.

"Oh, we are in for a long night brother." Dean shook his head in disbelief.

"Buckle up." Sam snorted, seeing only humor in the situation.

On the way back to the motel, Harley insisted on listening to only Christmas stations. The girl sang along to the happy songs, urging the brothers to join her. Dean parked in the motel driveway and opened his car door as fast as possible.

"Decoration time!" Harley sang, waving tinsel in Dean's face. She laughed when he smacked at the silver, grunting as he walked through the front door. Sam offered the Quinn girl help with several different decoration tasks but she declined every time. There was something magical felt during the holidays that Harley couldn't quite put her finger on. All she knew was that she was happiest when surrounded by Christmas decorations.

Harley had made her special egg nog which contained a shit load of vodka and the three of the cozier up to watch her favorite Christmas movie. It was a dose of normal that the hunters didn't normally get and even though he would never admit it, Dean was happy Harley had come up with the idea. When the movie was over and the egg nog was replaced with the usual beer, Harley stood up, clinking her beer with a knife.

"Sit down for this one, boys, Harley's about to get all in her feelings." Harley grinned, standing in front of the two brothers who sat beside each other on a bed. "Since its Christmas, I thought I'd take this time to let you both know how much you both mean to me. I mean, hell, you're all I have. Every moment I spend with the both you whether it be taking a long road trip or kicking the supernaturals ass. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else.

"Well we love having you with us, Harley." Dean smiled. Sam held up his beer, the three clinking them happily. Harley smiled, bouncing on the balls of her feet until a small plant came into view. Her eyes widened as she instantly thought up a plan.

"Sammy, can you help me with one last decoration." Harley squinted, making a small space between her thumb and pointer finger.

"Another decoration, Harley, look at this place." Sam chuckled, gesturing to the holiday wonderland that used to be a bland motel room.

"Come on! Just one more. It's easy, I promise." The girl pouted her bottom lip making Sam roll his eyes muttering a 'fine'.

Harley beamed, running over to the plant which she made sure to cover from the eyes of the youngest Winchester. "Just hold the step-stool still while I pin this up." Sam nodded, trying to ignore the view the Quinn girl was purposely giving just to torture him. The girl pinned the small decoration to the middle of the doorway, smirking once it was in place. "All set!" She announced before stepping down, making sure both her and Sam were standing in the doorway.

Sam looked up, curious to what Harley's big decoration was only to come face to face with a mistletoe. He scoffed, laughing to himself. Dean sat back on the motel bed, ready to watch his awkward mess of a brother make the situation a shit show.

Harley cocked a brow, making eye contact with the youngest Winchester. "Harley, no. Uh, I don't- I mean I want to, but, um. I just-"

"Oh, shut up." She smirked, gripping the front of Sam's shirt to bring him closer to her. After flashing one more award winning smile, Harley connected her lips with a stunned Sam's. Once he came to his senses, Sam realized just how long he had been waiting for this exact moment. The way she moved against him told Sam that Harley was thinking the same thing. Harley hooked her arms around his neck while Sam pushed her flush against him. The two getting lost in each other, completely forgetting their other companion who sat awkwardly on the bed.

Dean cleared his throat, watching the two flustered hunters pull apart. "Pretty sure mistletoe kisses are supposed to pecks."

"Rules are meant to be broken." Harley shrugged, turning to wink at Sam before going into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

"Dude." Dean grinned once Harley was out of sight.

"I-I don't know." Sam rubbed his hand down his chin, still standing in the doorway.

"I guess you really do go for the crazy ones."

___________________________________
not edited
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THOSE WHO DON'T CELEBRATE
I JUST LOVE SAM AND HARLEY OKAY DONT KILL ME.
ngl that lil short was gonna be all cute and mushy but i saw an opportunity and i sprinted towards it man
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas if you celebrate! Love you guys sm thank you for the endless support!
please leave a comment letting me know what you think :)
thanks for reading❤️