21

Harley tapped a newly painted nail against the motel table, her mind racing as she attempted to connect the dots of their strange case

Harley tapped a newly painted nail against the motel table, her mind racing as she attempted to connect the dots of their strange case. Dean and her had previously unveiled the fact that Tracy was the babysitter for the Wallace family, a family she claimed to have never heard of. They had recently met up with Sam back at the motel room where Dean relayed the events of the day to his brother. Harley rolled her eyes and tuned out when they began to talk about hot cheerleader Tracy.

Sam cleared his throat, eager to change the topic after stealing a glance at the blonde in the room. "Well, Tracy's not as wholesome as she looks. I did some digging and, apparently, she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers."

Dean and Harley shifted to view Sam's laptop that displayed a news report. "She was suspended from school." Harley commented, Sam nodded along.

"And we," Sam started shutting the laptop. "Are going to get answers."

"We're going to interview a high school teacher on the student who assaulted him?" Harley questioned. "Really what I had in mind when i signed up to be a hunter of the damn supernatural."

"Quit your whining, lets go." Dean rolled his eyes throwing her her already packed backpack from earlier.

☼☼☼

"This is disgusting." Harley shuddered as the trio walked through a classroom decorated with paper mache masks.

"Are you disrespecting art?" Sam mocked, standing next to the girl. She squinted up at the array of masks, her eyes stopping on one in particular that seemed to have blood on it.

"No, I'm disrespecting creepy." Harley grumbled as the gave the masks one last glare before turning away. Dean stood in the middle of the classroom with his eyes fixated upward. "Bring back memories?"

"Huh?" Dean startled, staring at Harley with wide eyes.

"Being a teenager," Sam continued for her, shoving his hands in the pockets of his suit. "All that angst."

Dean let out a relieved sigh, nodding along with the two. Harley tilted her head studying the oldest Winchester as he caught his breath. "What'd you think we meant."

"Oh, uh, nothing." He shrugged, waving her off. Harley puckered her lips and decided to drop the subject for now.

"You gentleman wanted to talk to me?" A man who Harley assumed to be the teacher hurried into the room with a large box in hand. "And lady." Harley gave the teacher a sarcastic smile for a split second before returning back to her stoic expression. The man cleared his throat, avoiding eye contact with the blonde.