22

When Sam, Dean, and Harley reached their motel door, the last thing they would have guessed to see behind it was the angel Castiel himself

When Sam, Dean, and Harley reached their motel door, the last thing they would have guessed to see behind it was the angel Castiel himself. Dean and Harley recognized him immediately, both staring in shock only to be brought back to reality when Sam raised his gun.

"Who are you?" He yelled, cocking the gun.

Harley jogged over to where Sam was placing a delicate hand on his arm. "Sam, it's Cas. No need for hostilities." She spoke with a teasing smile before turned towards Cas. She was distracted however, by a second figure behind her old friend which made her smile falter.

"Hello, Sam." Castiel gave a curt nod towards the youngest Winchester who stared in shock.

"Oh my god." Sam spoke before catching himself. "Er, uh, I didn't mean to - sorry. It's an honor. Really, I-I've heard a lot about you."

Harley knew Sam was always the one to hope that angels truly were real. However, when he stuck his hand out to great Cas with a look of wonder on his face she couldn't help but let an amused grin break through. Castiel stared at Sam's hand for a moment confused before he looked at Harley who mimicked a shaking-hands motion.

Sam's smile grew once Cas returned his hand-shake. "And I-you. Sam Winchester - the boy with the demon blood. Glad to hear you've ceased your extracurricular activities."

Both Harley and Sam shifted uncomfortably.

"Lets keep it that way." The man by the window spoke up still facing away from the group.

"Yeah, okay, Chuckles." Dean glared. "Who's your friend?"

"This raising of Samhain - have you stopped it?" Castiel inquired, ignoring Dean's question.

"Why?" Dean stared. Harley's eyebrows were brought together in confusion as she watched their conversation and for the first time in a while she chose that she would stand back and listen quietly.

"Dean, have you located the witch." Castiel asked rather urgently.

"Yes, we've located the witch." Dean raised his arms as if to say 'so what?'. Cas pressed on further.

"Is the witch dead?"

"No," Sam looked both concerned and confused. "but-"

"We know who it is." Dean interrupted, finishing his brother's thought.

"Well, apparently the witch knows who you are, too." Cas purses his lips sauntering over to the bedside table. "This was inside the wall of your room." He spoke holding up a hex bag. Harley uncrossed her arms and straightened her posture, thoroughly shocked. "If we hadn't found it surely one of all of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?"

The three shared a shameful look before Dean spoke up. "We're working on it."

"That's unfortunate."