2o

Harley spent that night with thoughts of the boy not 10 feet away from her swirling through her mind

Harley spent that night with thoughts of the boy not 10 feet away from her swirling through her mind. She didn't know why he was all she could think about. All she knew was whenever she would attempt to think of anything else, his tall figure crawled it's way back into her twisted mind. Little did she know, however, the youngest Winchester was suffering the same dilemma in the twin bed inches away from hers. Space limited between the two but they had never been so distant.

The next day another killing had taken place. Both victims so vanilla it almost seemed underwhelming to Harley. She expected some sort of scandal between the man killed previously and the college girl killed just that day, but there was nothing. The only piece of evidence keeping the hunters locked in place were the hex bags found at both crime scenes.

"This case is boring." Harley rested her head in her hand as she played with Dean's ring on the table in front of her. Dean paused his research giving the girl a look.

"Two people dead back to back is boring to you?" He inquired to which Harley shrugged. Dean raised his brows only to furrow them moments later when he spotted his ring in Harley's hands. He took it back in a hurry. "When in the hell did you snag that?"

"I'm sneaky, you're oblivious. Fun combination if you ask me." Harley chuckled.

"Hey, guys. This case might not be so boring anymore." Sam spoke up, sitting up on the motel bed.

"Wow, insightful." Dean muttered sarcastically.

"Listen, maybe this witch isn't working a grudge. Maybe they're working a spell. Check this out." Sam held a book out in front of him beginning to read off the pages. Harley and Dean shared a look of hesitation before giving the third member of their trio their full attention. "Three blood sacrifices over three days - the last before midnight on the final day of the final harvest. According to Celtic Calendar, the final day of the final harvest is October 31st."

"Halloween - wonderful. Looks like no trick-or-treating for me this year." Harley spoke, crinkling her nose in disappointment.

"What are these, uh, blood sacrifices for?" Dean inquired, Sam placing the book in front of him. Sam settled next to Harley making the girl unconsciously stiffen in her seat.

"If I'm right, these witches are summoning a demon. And not just any demon - Samhain." Sam concluded.

Harley's eyes widened as she slammed her hand on the table causing both Winchesters to jump. "Shut your mouth. Samhain!" She squealed like a teenage fan girl.

"Am I supposed to be impressed?" Dean held his hand out, confused.

"Samhain is the damn origin of Halloween, dumby! Masks put on to hide from him, sweets put out to appease him, pumpkin carving to worship him. Ring a bell?" Harley rambled.

"How do you know so much about Samhain?" Dean inquired, not able to hide the small smile on his face.

"He's terrifying! I like terrifying." She shrugged with a chuckle making Dean scoff out a laugh as well.

"Guys this is serious." Sam declared looking over the two in disbelief. "We're talking heavyweight witchcraft here."

"I'm very serious. I may even ask for an autograph." Harley suggested, Dean nodding along with the idea. "But, wait, the ritual can only be performed every 600 years right?"

"Yeah, and that marker rolls around tomorrow night." Sam bit his lip shaking his head. "Naturally. And, Harley you know how it goes, once he's raised by nights end we'll be facing ever terrible thing we've ever seen."

"Slaughterhouse in the making." Harley concluded, glancing a nervous look to both Sam and Dean. " So what do we do now?"

"You two go scope out razor blade lady's house, I'll do some more digging on this Samhain guy." Sam instructed, picking up another book. Harley squinted. Since when has she gone with Dean instead of doing research with Sam?

Rather than argue, the girl just gave Sam one last look before grabbing her jacket and walking out to the Impala. "Look at us back on the hunt!" She painted a smile on her face, swinging her bat over her shoulder. Harley turned to look at Dean once they reached the car and pointed in his direction. "I've warmed up on you haven't I." She grinned.

"Oh, shut it Harley you already know you have."

"What's the harm in hearing it again?" She exclaimed with a loud laugh. Dean rolled his eyes getting in the Impala.

"Back on the hunt is right." He raised his eyebrows, almost forgetting how talkative Harley was when it was just the two of them. "And this time," Dean paused, opening the glovebox to reveal that it was overflowing with candy. Harley's jaw dropped. "We have snacks."

"My hero." Harley grinned reaching for a twix.

"Your what?" Dean leaned in closer acting as if he hadn't heard her. Harley gave him a look of feigned annoyance erupting a laugh in the oldest Winchester. "C'mon, Harley! What's the harm in hearing it again?"

"Stop mocking me."

☼☼☼

"Ouch." Harley rubbed her stomach that now seemed extremely bloated from the amount of candy she had eaten. Beside her, Dean groaned and looked over the wrappers between him.

"That wasn't very smart of us." He admitted, Harley muttered a quick 'Uh-uh' while trying to concentrate on keeping the candy in her stomach. A sudden ringing broke them from their sick trances. Dean answered with a grunt and Harley could hear the murmur of Sam's voice over the cellphone.

Soon enough, however, Harley had forgotten about the phone call. Instead she watched Tracy, the best friend of the girl murdered that day, walk into Mrs. Wallace's house. "Hey, Dean. Didn't Tracy say she'd never heard of the Wallaces?" Harley inquired after she had tapped the oldest Winchester's shoulder.

"Oh, son of a bitch."

______________________________
let me know what you think :)
thanks for reading ❤️