1o

The Impala had become somewhat of a second home to Harley Quinn

The Impala had become somewhat of a second home to Harley Quinn. She had slept on the leather seats more times than she can count and has even sometimes wished she resided in the beat up car rather than a grimy motel room. So, she didn't mind the long drive the trio had been embarking on for the last few hours. In fact, she sort of enjoyed it. The moments of complete silence (other than Dean humming along to the radio) were the calm before the supernatural filled storm and the young Quinn girl found herself looking forward to their little road trips.

"Come on, man." Dean broke the silence. He watched as Sam read through reports that would be the foundation of their case. "Jobs don't get much weirder than this, you know? Dead vic with a gnawed-on neck, body drained of blood, and a witness that swears up and down that it was a vampire."

"Sounds pretty crystal clear to me." Harley shrugs from the backseat.

"No I-I agree. It's a hell of a case." Sam nodded although he sounded as disinterested as ever. Thunder crashed outside of the vehicle setting the mood for the topic of discussion.

"A little more gusto, please." Dean motioned with his hand.

"It's just," Sam sighed closing his reports. "The world is coming to an end. Things are a little complicated, you know?"

"Yeah, well we can't save the world, Sammy." Harley patted the youngest Winchester's shoulder. "Not today, at least. I'm a little tired."

"But what we can do is chop off some vamps' heads." Dean held up a finger which received a nod from Harley. "Come on, man, it's like the good old days! An honest-to-goodness monster hunt. It's about time the Winchesters get back to tackling a straightforward, black-and-white case. With a new addition to the team may I add."

"You betcha." Harley grinned propping one of her heeled boots up.

"Actually, while we're on the topic of the old days, Harley's gonna have to glam up a bit." Dean stated, pausing between his words to make sure he was saying them in a way that wouldn't make the girl in the backseat punch him in the arm. He failed. "Ow!"

"What do you mean 'glam up'" Harley retorted.

"He means FBI agent attire." Sam sighed. "You know dress, pant suit, hair pinned back."

"Gross."

☼☼☼

Harley continued to pull down the end of her black dress that Dean had found at some thrift shop down the road from where they were staying. It amazed him that she was perfectly fine strutting around in booty shorts but once Harley Quinn put on a dress it could never be pulled down enough.