Chapter 40.

Niall's POV :)

The smell of medicine and hospital soap fills my nose as soon as I walk through the doors. I follow the nurse down a long hallway and I get more and more nervous as we walk towards the end. I'm not prepared for what I might see next. We stop at a door near the end of the hallway and the nurse gives me a small smile.

"She's right in here sweetheart," she says while looking at the door beside us.

I put my hand on the door handle and turn it hesitantly. I take a deep breath and finish turning the door and opening it. I walk into the room and shut the door behind me. I turn the corner and I can't find the words to speak.

Allie is laying on the bed with her eyes closed, her skin pale. She looks very fragile and looks like she might break as she is breathing. She has blood and pain medication pumping into tubes connected to her arm.

I did this to her. I caused this to happen...

I sit down in the chair beside her bed and place my face in my hands.

Maybe I will feel better if I tell her what I'm thinking right now. She won't be able to hear me, but still.

"Al," I whisper. "This is all my fault...all my fucking fault...I'm so sorry. I didn't know you wanted me to come after you...I really didn't. I thought you were gonna come back. So, I just waited and waited. But then I gave up. I guess I was just mad that you left me for that douche bag Jonah. But, I realize now that you were trying to just save my life...and that is hard to believe. I feel like a dick now. I treated you like a dick. I'm supposed to be your prince...I was supposed to rescue you. But, I didn't." I bite my lip and place my face in my hands. "But I'm here now and I promise to never leave you again," I say while brushing her cheek with my thumb. I lean down and kiss her softly on the lips. I break the kiss and stand up out of my chair.

I need to go find Harry and apologize.

I start to walk out the door before I hear a voice call my name.

"Niall," I hear Allie croak.

Allie's POV :)

I'm woken up from a warm feeling on my lips. I open my eyes to see someone walking towards the door. My eyes focus on the person and I realize who it is.

"Niall," I croak.

Niall stops immediately and turns and looks at me with red eyes. He's been crying...

"Allie," he says before walking back next to my bed.

I find the words to speak as soon as I am able to breathe again. "What are you doing here?" I mumble.

"For you of course," he says before giving me a small smile.

"Don't lie to me. You should hate me."

Niall grabs my hand and holds it while looking me in the eyes. The warmth of his skin on mine is something that I haven't felt for what seems like a lifetime. "I could never hate you Al," he says.

"But, after everything I've put you through Niall? You should fucking hate my gu-"

I'm cut off by Niall pressing his lips against mine. Our lips move in sync and I feel my soul slowly coming back to me. I've been longing to kiss Niall for a while now and I just feel...better now. He takes his lips off of mine and looks me in the eyes.

"I love you Allie," he says. "I never stopped loving you."

My heart flutters and I cannot help but let a smile spread across my face. I haven't smiled in such a long time now and I feel a weight lift off of my chest as I smile at Niall.

"I love you too Niall," I say.

He looks me in the eyes and I feel the desire to be happy again.

Suddenly the door opens up and a disheveled Harry walks in holding someone's hand. Harry steps to the side and reveals Rose with tears running down her cheeks. I don't know what to do, so I just look at her. She hates my guts. Why is she here?

Next thing I know Rose runs over to me and gives me a hug. "I'm so glad your okay Allie!" she says in relief as more tears run down her cheeks. I can't help but let a tear slip out of my eye as I realize that my best friend is back. I cannot believe it.

"I missed you so much Rose," I say. "I hope you don't hate me," I say as tears run down my cheeks. Rose releases me from our hug and wipes her now smeared mascara away from her eyes with the sleeve of her leather jacket.

"I could never hate you Allie," she said while giving me a small smile. "You are my best friend and I love you to death." I look at her and smile. "Why did you wanna kill yourself?" she asks on the verge of tears. "You know that we would all miss you like crazy you know that? We would all be so devastated without you."

I sigh and wipe my tears away with my hand. "I just couldn't do it anymore Rose," I say. "I was making your lives a living hell every single day and I couldn't stand that feeling of guilt inside of me every freaking second of everyday. It was too much for me to handle. So what's better than ending it all?"

Harry walks over to the bed now and now all three of them are looking at me. "Love, you know we are always here for you right?" Harry says. "We will always be here for you no matter what." Harry says while smiling at Rose and wrapping his arm around his shoulders.

"Excuse me?" I hear someone say at the door. All of us look towards the door and see a doctor staring at us. "Sorry for interrupting, but I need to speak to Ms. Bentley for a second please."

Rose, Harry and Niall look at me and then start to walk towards the door. "Wait," I say. "Can they stay here please?" I ask.

"If it's okay with you Ms. Bentley, sure."

I smile at the nurse. "Thank you."

She smiles at me in return and shuts the door. Everyone sits down except for the doctor who is standing next to me. "Well Ms. Bentley," she says. "We did some tests while you were unconscious and everything looked okay." I sigh in relief. "But we did see something ummm...rather interesting I guess you could say." My eyes grow big and sweat starts to form on my upper lip. "Now this question I am about to ask you Ms. Bentley is kind of personal. Is it okay if your friends are in here still?"

I nod my head. "They are my family," I say. "They should be here to listen to this." Niall grabs a hold of my hand and rubs it with his thumb.

"Have you been sexually active?" she asks me.

"No...not at all," I say hesitantly. "Well...not intentionally." I stare at the wall behind the doctor trying to avoid any eye contact with her. It's already awkward enough in this room...

"Please explain what you mean by 'intentionally' Ms. Bentley."

Welp here goes nothing I guess. I sigh and close my eyes before speaking. "I was raped."

I open my eyes and see Rose, Harry, and Niall's eyes big and their mouths in perfect lines. Niall's face quickly turns red and clenches his fist so hard that his knuckles look white.

"Who raped you?" the doctor asked.

I hesitate again. I hope Niall doesn't explode. "My ex boyfriend, Jonah McCarthy."

I look over a Niall and he is biting his lip so hard that I think it might start to bleed. He is trying so hard to not lose control right now. I look at Rose and her face is as solid as a rock. Her eyes are glazed and they are red. She looks fucking pissed.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that Ms. Bentley," the doctor says. "But, I have some news to tell you."

How could this situation get any worse?

The doctor's green eyes make direct eye contact with mine and I feel like I might vomit.

"Ms. Bentley you are 2 months pregnant."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyy :) Thanks for reading. Leave a comment at the bottom & vote if you like it :) follow me on twitter @amor_narry if ya wanna :)