Chapter 8.5: "Boys' Talk"

Um... Hello. Trygve Ybarra is my name. In my standards, I have high IQ and high helping experience. I help many people at Southeast High School too. Despite my great appearance that fan girls go squealing and due to my tall height, I have a quite shy character with a hidden singing talent. I'm only confident when I help others with optimism.

Let's see... it's quite personal for me to say this but, I have SPS since I was younger. By the way, SPS means Side Personality Syndrome. Why do I have this? Well, I have a trauma for being overconfident. ...I'm afraid that I'm going to be laughed at, haha.

Actually, I have an accident. A traumatic accident. I was lost from the occasional trip from my parents. It's not our fault that I got lost... but despite things happened, I ended up back from my parents once again. It was a miracle. How did I end up with my parents again? This is where I study my own identity.

Since then, my actions are not my own sometimes. It felt... that there's another me. An opposite of me. That's where I found out that I have SPS. Unfortunately, I can't control my unconscious me sometimes. So, I have to maintain my control.

In the present day, as a 17-year-old male student at Southeast High School, I'm now daydreaming after I finish the 11-A class quiz.

"Hmm... Paradise..." I softly sleeptaking on my own as I take a short nap.

While dreaming, I encounter Iori with her "puppy eyes" to me. She also seduced me with her puppy sounds. Aww... I gently patted her head.

"Iori... So cute..." Once again, I softly sleeptalking on my own with a smile.

...Until a loud sound... or a loud bang woke me up. I tried to wake myself up to look at my surroundings. I sighed. A lovable Iori is only a dream. The true Iori is a tough high school girl with a caring side at times.

Honestly, Iori is a type of girl who protects important people around her. Before I got sealed as the elemental holder, I like... I love the way she is now. I'm glad she's the one I love... but there are times that I'm not sure if I can love her completely because of other circumstances... especially her childhood friend and classmate, Henderson Wigan. I have a feeling that... Henderson dearly loves Iori. As for Iori, she only treated Henderson as her childhood friend. I don't know if I can catch up or to reach Iori's feelings to notice my feelings. For today, I'll make her happy as I can.

Anyway, there's a voice that is too familiar to me while I'm trying to wake up. He's none other than---

"Good afternoon. I'm borrowing Trygve Ybarra. I'll take him or you all drop out." Yup. That's Henderson's prideful voice alright. What a skipper as a school casanova.

As I finally opened my eyes, almost all of my classmates and the teacher are looking at me. I facepalmed as I don't want to show my SPS. I also saw Gailyn shakes her own head before I facepalmed. I hate you right now, Gailyn Aspillera. By the way, Gailyn is really mean most of the time, but in the inside she's really a good person.

Henderson... of all people... why does it have to be me?

Recently, I met the principal personally in terms of the mission as the elemental holder. I was chosen as the Earth elemental holder. Learning from Iori has made me a big shock. My SPS was also an Earth elemental holder... yet he was from the past. He already passed away though. According to Iori as the messenger from my SPS, my other personality is always protecting me at times of emergency. At first, I'm not quite believed in that because of my other personality is doing wrong doings... then I realize, recently... what if my SPS changed because of Iori...? No. That can't be... right? Either way, I still need time for research about this.