Chapter 13.5: "Anonymous Meaning"

Oh. Heya! I'm Reese Yumina. Hehe, I have many stories to tell though...But yet! There's this important encounter I had with this girl, this girl I called... "Jack". Our strange encounter started since two years ago. I was still in 10th grade at the age of 15 while she was 14 at her freshman year.

     That day... when our band, "Press The Forward", made a wonderful debut performance, the audience had a positive feedback that they supported our generation's trending music. We're getting popular in school too. It's a blend of classic rock, light rock, and a remix music with soft dubsteps. They really liked our song. Of course, I was the main instrumentalist of the group. I can do great music a success together with my bandmates! Well, I can't do vocal though. That's our vocalist's duty.

     After the performance, I decided with my best friend and the drummer of the group, Hilbert Arcinas, to walk around the school for other school fest activities... and for food (LOL)! We're really hungry though after we perform so long.

     Later on, there's this contest. This "surprise couple contest" where the student host will pick from the papers (with student's name on each folded paper) and will make a random choice for one male and one female representative on stage. After being chosen, the representing couples needs to have one pair winner that has been voted by the audiences. You'll see what I mean after that.

     ...Until I got called. Oh no. NO NO! This can't be happening!!!

     "Reese Yumina from 10-B! I repeat! Reese Yumina from 10-B! Please come on stage for representing this contest!" the announcer said using the mic. At the same time, the audience got excited as they heard my name. Who wrote my name from those one of the papers anyway!?

     Hahaha... Why did this contest even exist? I don't want my crossdressing secret hobby to get exposed---

     "Whoa... Reese! You've been chosen as the male candidate! And for the first couple's random choice at that!" my best friend Hilbert said. Huhu (lol), what a friend you are right now, Hilbert. I hid my head with my worn shirt because of this darn contest (for anyone who will not recognize me during this time). I really want to go far from here---

     "I don't wanna..." I replied with a groan.

     "I repeat! Reese Yumina from 10-B! Are you there right now?" the announcer said once again.

     I kept quiet about it... until Hilbert grabs my arm up. "He's here!!!" Hilbert shouted. W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HILBERT!? ...AND DON'T YOU DARE SMIRK!

     And the loud cheers from the audience occurs. SOMEONE. ANYONE. I NEED AN EMERGENCY CALL. FAST.

     "Oho! And there he is! The instrumentalist from Press The Forward himself! Please come on stage!" the announcer (now excited as well) said. Great...

     As the audience around me keeps cheering and clapping as loud as they can, Hilbert is now pushing until I reached the stage. "Hahaha. Congrats, Reese." Hilbert, you traitor lol... I finally sighed. I hope this BS will finish faster.

     "Alright! Reese Yumina is now here! Okay. As for female candidate..." the announce said as picking another random student from the papers received. I really want to get out of here---

     "...Iorina Tahari from 9-A!" the announcer declared. ...That time, my first impression about this girl is like the same as those annoying girls who comes on stage like a retard. But, I was wrong. This girl really interests me to the fullest. She doesn't want to show up here either.

     "I repeat! Iorina Tahari from 9-A! Please come on stage as I called your name!" the announcer said again. This took for about 10-15 seconds. The announcer is getting impatient. I want to laugh a bit about this.