Chapter 21: "Challenge"

In the late afternoon, while Iori is having her siesta, she dreams of someone... approaching her in her room. Still on her bed at her dream, Iori is sitting on the bed while Wade checked her forehead by putting his forehead to hers. Right now, Wade had a worried expression. "I see. You still have a little fever. Let me take care of you for now." Wade said in his gentle tone.

     As Wade lets go, he looks around... and he looks at the goto (porridge) had gone cold already, and her medicine are provided. The items are on the top of the drawer beside Iori's bed. "You should have to eat or your fever won't go down." Wade spoke. Then, he started to recook the goto at the kitchen.

     Iori... feels dizzy in her dream... but at the same time, she saw the real side of Wade in her dream. "Ah. So this is Wade looks like when he's concerned. Somehow, I want to thank him..." Iori thought.

     As Wade finished recooking the goto, he goes back to Iori's room to put the goto on top of the drawer... he saw Iori sleeping while sitting, holding her arms on her knees, and unconsciously letting her head up. Wade sighs.

     Still in Iori's dream, the dream version of Wade wakes her up. Iori opens her eyes. "Hey. You need to be healthy. Eat your food first." Wade said in a soft manner. Iori... just nods. Wade smiles in return.

     Afterwards, Wade gently feeds Iori. Many minutes later, Wade gave Iori some medicine for the fever. Another minutes more, Wade helps Iori to lie on the bed, then Wade holds Iori's forehead to check her current temperature. Wade shook his head. "...Still not going down. I'll go grab some ice packs. Be right back." he said before going to the kitchen once again.

     As Wade came back once again for the ice packs, Iori sleeps again, with heavy breaths this time. Wade noticed that. Afterwards, Wade puts the ice pack on Iori's forehead, and put on a blanket on her. "I think that'll do it. I hope." he mumbled.

     Iori, still in deep sleep, Wade, annoyed, looks at Iori. Wade sits down on a nearby chair beside Iori's bed. Wade sighs in frustration... as he remembered Iori and Henderson's words towards him.

     "He's not my boyfriend! He's my childhood friend! Why are you thinking like this!?" Iori shouted once more. Wade is now shocked. He misunderstood.

     All of a sudden, Iori makes a taekwondo move on Wade. Right now, Iori is now on top of Wade on the sofa. "...You're... Y-You're not the class president I always know anymore...!" Iori said as she immediately picks up her things and runs away.

     "You saw us--- You moron! That was something else! I only missed Iorina! Of course we're still childhood friends! I kissed her on the forehead! And you should approached us that night!" Henderson replied loudly. This time, Wade finally understood what happened.

     As Wade remembered their words once again, Wade... can't help but calling himself as a jerk. Wade sighs again as he caressing Iori's cheeks, then her lower lips. As he let go of the touch, he puts his palm to his jaw as his knee on his other folded arm. "...It's been so long. I've always want to meet you... but now, I guess I'm too careless. I didn't know that you're the one whose been chosen... This is going to be the last time that I'm going to treat you like this. The very last time. If you've gotten better... next time... be prepared for the worst." Wade said in a serious yet caring tone, before he stands up and starting to leave.

     Yet, before Wade leaves, unconscious, Iori's hand is grabbing Wade's sleeve. "Don't let Nia and me... don't go... mother... father..." Iori said during in her sleep. Wade is very surprised as he looks back at Iori. Somehow, Wade gave a deep lonely expression...