Chapter 13: "More Or Less"

As they reached the shore near the ocean, Iori and Reese began to sit on the wooden platforms. Afterwards, they began to light up on the lusis (sparklers that are used as fireworks), and talk about their reunion because they didn't see each other for a few years despite they're schoolmates. Southeast High School is a very big school after all. They also talked about the mission. Somehow, Reese finally understands his own position as a future elemental holder.

     "Wow! It's almost like a superheroes that are trying to save the world!" Reese happily complimented as he's still playfully holding the lusis. Iori is holding another lusis though.

     "...That is not something to joke about. Being a chosen one is a difficult duty too to save the world in balance with the help of the elemental holders. Without the completion in one year, we're screwed... and the world will end." Iori explained.

     "True. But it's still exciting, isn't it? Us being superheroes!"

     "Yeah, yeah. I get that. Stop fantasizing about it." Iori replied with a sigh afterwards. Reese chuckled.

     After that, a silence occurred between the two as they still holding their lighting lusis. The only sounds that they could hear are the soft sounds of the lusis and the ocean. The night is also windy.

     ...Well, so suddenly, as Reese is looking at Iori now, Iori seems serious as she looks at the lusis. According to Reese, he felt bad that he invite Iori to be with him on the shore in the middle of the night. Iori seems a bit sleepy. Reese had an idea just now because of that.

     So, Reese grabs the side of Iori's jersey jacket as he goes to wear it too to share with her. Iori got a bit surprised as she looks at Reese now.

     "What gives?" Iori asked.

     "Hehe. I'm a bit cold. I thought it's going to be warm here." Reese replied happily. After all, Reese is only wearing a shirt and jeans. Iori just shrugged and let him share her jacket. Right now, they're very close in distance as they still playing their lusis.

     "That's because you didn't bring one." Iori commented.

     "Ouch. That's really rude... but, thanks for the jacket."

     "Yeah. Share my jacket for a while. Night's really out cold today."

     "Uhuh..."

     After that, another silence occurs between them once again. They both think that they only talk about their reunion and the mission. Despite that, Iori is now wondering Reese's intention here.

     "Reese. Are you bored recently?" Iori asked. Reese got a little surprised.

     "Huh? ...Hmm... I think I'm in the middle of interested and bored at the same time." Reese replied.

     "...You're strange."

     Reese chuckled before he replies. "I am. The villa I'm staying now feels empty without the people I know. Since you're here, I felt there's something. Something... unique. Yeah. That's the word."

     "Unique?"

     "Of course. Today has been interesting since I saved you from the ocean. As a part time lifeguard, I'm surprised that it's you I saved. I'm very glad that I met you again like this. I really have to thank my friend after this holiday week vacation." Reese explained.

     "I see. Did your friend at school knows about... your secret? The crossdressing hobby?" Iori asked. Well, Iori doesn't have the right to say that. Still, she's worried at Reese about his secret hobby.