Chapter 18: "Getting To Know You Is..."

After their dinner at Iori and Nia's place (aka their apartment), Hilbert decided to go home as he goes outside the apartment door. Yet, Henderson decides to follow. "...Hey. I need to talk to you."

     "Huh? ...Sure?" Hilbert replied as he smiled, but quite confused. But at the corner, they heard Nia's squeal of joy, almost fangirling. "Oho. Henderson, I never knew you're a move on Kuya Hilbert. Hehehehehe..." Nia said, almost breathing heavily. Hilbert laughs nervously (doesn't know what's going on unfortunately for him), getting along with Nia for now.

     Henderson sighs in frustration and pushes Hilbert outside. "LET'S JUST GO ALREADY, YOU IDIOT!!!"

     "W-Whoa! I might slip! U-Um. Good night, Nia and Iori!!!" Hilbert said before Henderson closes the door.

     "See you tomorrow...!" Iori said as she waves her hand.

     "Hahaha yeah... HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, YOU TWO! TELL ME IF YOU TWO BECOME MORE THAN FRIENDS!!!"

     "SHUT UP, NIA!!!" Henderson replied loudly from the outside.

     "...Henderson, please tell me what was that all about? I'm really getting curious." Hilbert spoke.

     "YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TO KNOW, OKAY!?" Henderson shouted.

     "Ah... Henderson might be submissive if I think about it..." Nia commented.

     Iori keeps staring at Nia for a while. "...Nia. Did you eat too much spicy food in the afternoon?"

     "Yes. I did. Why?" Nia replied.

     "...Whatever you're trying to say, please keep that to yourself. I think it's that anime logic of yours again..."

     "Yeah. I know. I can't help it sometimes."

     As Iori sighs, she talks for another topic as she goes to the living room. "Anyway, I have something to research... about the mission."

     Nia follows Iori. "I-I see! You're going to look at the ancient books?"

     "Exactly. It's about... the new elemental holder." Iori replied as she was finding some old documents at the locked drawers. Nia helps finding the book too.

     "Whoa! Really!? That's fast! Who's the new holder?"

     "...I don't quite confirm who. It might be one of the two suspects. So tomorrow, I'm going to investigate Wade--- I mean Class Pres."

     "Your class president!? How!?"

     "Earlier. He escorted me here. When a bicycle is passing by the street, I sensed it using my sensor as a chosen one."

     "...Interesting. Well, good luck with the investigation! How can I help?" Nia suggested.

     "Um... just observe Class Pres' every move whenever you meet him at school, but not too observant. He might get suspicious. And... never get deceived by his smile. It's a façade."

     "Okay! But... you're kind of rude, Iori."

     "It's true. Not all people have positive lives. Okay, I guess this is it." Iori said as she found the book.

     Nia reads the title of the book that Iori is holding. "Holder's Side Abilities... but you already read that after you've been chosen."

     Iori opens the book for answers. "Yes... perhaps..."

     As Iori continues to flip many pages, she found nothing. After that, she looks at the edges of the book. Using her fingers, she tears the "paper part" of the book cover.