YOU BELONG WITH ME! CH5

Ch5.

(Luke's pov )

Football practice was brutal. The coach was making us work ten times harder for this Friday game. I wouldn't say our team is the best or the greatest but were really good. Derrick actually got off the bench but that's because I helped changed coach mind telling him that we really need him out there on the field and he bought it.

"Hey man, are you even listening to me?" Derrick asked breaking me out of my train of thought, waving his hand in front of my face.

"What did you say?" I asked while walking to the boy's locker room for a shower.

"I said that me and sky over heard the coach on the phone in his office talking about scholarship scouts coming to watch the game during homecoming" Derrick whispered while opening the door to the boys locker room looking around him to see if any one else heard him.

"Do you know what school it's for?" I whispered back putting my gear in the locker and grabbing a towel.

"Nope I have no idea but I am pretty sure coach this is why coach have been so brutal today at practice." Derrick said as he walked to one of the showers

"Hey guys can you believe that show in the halls today between Trish and that band geek hottie" Sky said as he walked through the doors of the boy locker room. I hated when my friends would call Taylor a band geek hottie. I tried to stop them from calling her that but you know how they can be they don't like to listen to a word I say some times they even ask me why I hang out with her sometimes. Even though they call her band geek 'HOTTIE', they would never be caught dead hanging with her. But what am I suppose to do ditch her. I don't think so she's been my friend since for ever. I still remember how I became popular and she became band geek but that doesn't mean I see her any different. I mean everyone has different likes and dislikes and just because I don't play a instruments and she's not a cheerleader doesn't mean I don't like her still she still the same old Taylor that stood up for me when some bully tried to take my lunch money when I first moved here and ever since then we been friends and nothing is ever going to change that.

"Yeah man I watch the whole thing, Trish looked like she wanted to tear band geek hottie apart" my other friend Joe said he just got out of the shower.

"Dude who ever knew that a band geek had back bone" sky said back

" I bet Trish is pissed, makes me wonder what's going to happen tomorrow during school" Derrick said coming back out of the shower.

I always new Taylor had a back bone. I knew she had guts to stand up to someone she doesn't like. She just doesn't like being in the spot light. But I guess that all changed now since she's the one who is going to be singing during homecoming. She always had a good voice. But she always had stage fright. I guess me Levi will have to help her with that.

And with that last thought I went to take my shower.

I crashed on my bed when I got home. I was so tiered that didn't even bother to get change for bed.

My alarm clock went off at 6. Trish would be here at 7 to pick me up. I still don't know why she insists on picking me up. When I could pick her up.

I got up and took a shower before heading down stairs for breakfast. Mom always makes sure I eat before I leave for school.

"Hey mom what's for breakfast?" I asked as I sat down on one the stools by the counter

" Hey hon., I made pancakes. So how was practice yesterday?" she asked as she sat my plate in front of me.

"It was okay, coach is really working us to the bones" I said as I took a big bite of my food.

"Its sounds like fun" mom said sarcastically "so how has Taylor been? I haven't seen her for a while" she asked as she sat down.